West Bengal Government Paid leave for staff of all establishments on poll day
West Bengal government today made it mandatory for all establishments to grant paid holidays to their employees on the day of polling in their areas.
“It is obligatory for the employers of any business, trade, industrial undertakings or any other establishments of the areas under the Assembly segments to grant paid holiday on respective days to their workmen,” a government statement said.
Polling to 294 assembly seats will be held in six phases beginning April 4. The last polling day is May 5.
An exemption to the above holiday has however been granted to fuelling stations.
“The Governor has exempted all classes of petrol and diesel pumps (filling stations) situated within the areas of the Assembly constituencies,” a statement said.
Related to Your Search:
- Bye elections 2019 – Grant of Paid holiday to employees of Uttarakhand & West Bengal on the day of poll 25.11.2019
- Bye Election to fill the casual vacancy from 40 – Anantnag in the Legislative Assembly of Jammu & Kashmir – Grant of Paid Holiday to employees on the day of poll
- DoPT Order: Grant of Paid Holiday on Election Date
- Grant of paid holiday to employees on the day of poll – DoPT Orders
- Grant of Paid Holiday – General Election to the Legislative Assembly of Tripura-2018
- DoPT: Bye-Election to the State Legislative Assembly of Haryana (36 Jind) – Grant of Paid Holiday on the day of poll
- Closing of Central Government Offices in connection with General Elections to Lok Sabha 2019 and General Election to the Legislative Assemblies – Grant of Paid Holiday
- Jharkhand Election 2019 – Grant of Paid holiday to employees on the day of poll
- West Bengal declares additional holiday for “May Day”