FAQ Central Government General Pool Residential Accommodation CGGPRA or Government residential accommodation GRA
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
I. ELIGIBILITY AND ENTITLEMENTS
What is General Pool Residential Accommodation or Government residential accommodation [GRA].
General Pool Residential Accommodation [GPRA] means Central Government residential accommodations under the administrative control of the Directorate of Estates in Delhi and at 39 stations outside Delhi like Kolkata, Mumbai, Chennai, Chandigarh etc. Allotment of GPRA is governed as per provisions of the Central Government General Pool Residential Accommodation Rules, 2017 and executive instructions issued there under from time to time.
Who is eligible to apply?
All Central Government employees who areworkingin theoffices, which have been specifically declared eligible for GeneralPool, are entitled for allotment of accommodation from GeneralPool.
What is eligible zone for applying GPRA?
The entire area of NCT of Delhi is eligible zone for allotment of GPRA in Delhi. For other cities,the city limits of a particular city or area declared by the regional offices of the Directorate of Estates or CPWD is
considered for allotment.
How is the eligibility decided for GPRA in case of different Central Government offices within Delhi?
A Central Government office which fulfils the following requirements may make an online application in duplicate to the Directorate of Estates for allotment of accommodation in Delhi after obtaining approval of the Joint Secretary of the Ministry concerned:
- (a) the location of the office in Delhi has been approved by the Cabinet or Cabinet Committee on Accommodation;
- (b) the office is a part and parcel of theSecretariat of a Ministry or an attached or subordinate office of a Ministry or a Department of the Government of India;
- (c) the staff is paid from the Consolidated Fund of India; and
- (d) the office is situated within the limits of the National Capital Territory of Delhi.
How is the eligibility decided for GPRA in case of different Central Government offices located in places other than Delhi?
A Central Government office in places other than Delhi which fulfill the following requirements may make an online application in duplicate to the Directorate of Estates for grant of eligibility for accommodation after obtaining the approval of the Joint Secretary of the Ministry concerned:
- a. the office is a part and parcel of the Secretariat of a Ministry or an attached or subordinate
- b. the staff is paid from the Consolidated Fund of India;
- c. the office is within the municipal limits of the city or town;
Whether the employees and officers of offices having Departmental residential accommodation constructed by the Departments on their own, are also eligible for general pool residential accommodation or not?
The employees and officers of offices having their own Departmental pool residential accommodation are also eligible for general pool residential accommodation.
What are the entitlements for various types of residential accommodation?
The General Pool Residential Accommodation has been classified in 11 categories (excluding Hostel accommodation) as per Rule 8 of the Central Government General Pool Residential Accommodation Rules, 2017. The entitlement of an applicant for a particular type is determined with reference to the level in the pay matrix drawn by the applicant in his/her present post held in the Government of India at the time of application.
The eligibility for entitlement as per the level in the pay matrix of various types of accommodation is as under:
|Type of Residences|
|Existing Grade Pay/ Basic Pay|
|Level in the pay matrix|
|I||Rs.1300, Rs.1400, Rs.1600,|
Rs.1650 and Rs.1800
|II||Rs.1900, Rs.2000, Rs.2400 and|
|2, 3, 4, 5|
|III||Rs.4200, Rs.4600 and Rs.4800||6, 7, 8|
|IV||Rs.5400 to Rs.6600||9, 10,11|
|V-A [D II]||Rs.7600 and Rs.8000||12|
|V-B [D I]||Rs.8700 and Rs.8900||13, 13A|
|VI A [C II]||Rs.10,000||14|
|VI B [C I]||Rs.67000 to Rs.74999||15 (Index numbers 1 to|
4 in the level)
|VII||Rs.75000 to 79999||15 (Index numbers 5 to|
8 in the level), 16
|VIII||Rs.80000 and above||17, 18|
|Type of hostels|
|Existing Grade pay/ pay scale|
|Level in the pay matrix|
|Rs. 4200 and above||Level 6 and above|
|Rs. 4200 and above||Level 6 and above|
|Double suite||Rs. 5400 and above||Level 9 and above|
|Working Girls Hostel||All lady employees without limit of|
emoluments shall be eligible
|All lady employees without limit of|
emoluments shall be eligible
What is the date of priority orinter-se seniority forlowertypes of accommodation (Type I to IV)?
The date of priority in respect of type I to type IV accommodation shall be determined on the basis of the date of joining of the employee in the Central Government service and the eligibility for the type of accommodation shall be decided as per their level of the applicant in the pay matrix:
Provided that an applicant under this category shall be allowed to bid for one type lower accommodation than the type eligible forsuch.
Does any benefit is given to applicant for serving at the same station for a long period?
In respect of type I to type IV, an applicant who has served continuously at a particular station for a period of five years shall, on each such completion of five years as on 1st January of the year, be given one-year edge over and above his date of joining in the Central government service, for the purpose of calculation of his date of priority in the waiting list.
What is the date of priority for higher types (Type IV(Special) and above) of accommodation and how the inter-se seniority of these types will be determined?
- (a) The date of priority in respect of type IV(S) and above accommodation shall be determined on the basis of the date from which the applicant has been continuously eligible for the type of accommodation as per the level of the applicant in the pay matrix.
- (b) The inter-se seniority for the type IV(S) and above accommodation shall be considered on the basis of the following factors, namely:
- (i) where the priority date of two or more applicants is the same, the applicant having a higher level pay in the level shall be senior in the waiting list;
- (ii) where the date of priority and the pay in the level of two or more applicants are the same, the applicant who has joined the Central Government service earlier shall be senior in the waiting list;and
- (iii) where the date of priority, pay in the level and the date of joining the Central Government service of two or more applicants are the same, the applicant retiring earlier may be accorded priority over the applicant retiring later.
- (c) The inter se seniority of applicants in the rank of Secretary and Additional Secretary to the Government of India shall be determined as per the civil list published for each service on the basis of their date of joining the Government of India at Delhi subject to the condition that no junior batch applicant of the same service or no junior applicant of the same batch and of same service shall get priority over his senior batch applicant or senior applicant in the same batch:
- (d) Where the dateof joiningis the same, the applicantretiring earlier may be accorded priority over the officer retiring later:
- (e) In respect of all other services other than the All India Services (AIS), the inter se seniority of applicants shall be determined on the basis of their date of joining the Government of India, irrespective of their place of posting and service or batch.
- (f) The applicants entitled for type V and above accommodation shall also be eligible to apply for accommodation below their entitlement subject to the condition that such accommodation shall not be below type IV Special accommodation.
- (g) The applicants eligible for type VA(D II) and Type IV (S) shall also be eligible to apply for type IV accommodation.
- (h) Where type V and type VI accommodation has not been classified as type VA and type VB or type VIA and type VIB, as the case may be, all eligible applicants for type V and type VI shall be grouped together in their respective types.
Central government general pool residential accommodation rules 2017 pdf
Whatis the general procedure for allotment of General Pool Residential Accommodation (GPRA)?
Allotments are made to allottees based on a “UNIFIED WAITING LIST” for particular type of accommodation.
In this “Unified Waiting List”, the applicants applied forinitial as well as change of accommodation are clubbed together and allotments are made based on their date of priority or inter-se seniority as applicable.
Two type of allotments can be made to an applicant in each type of accommodation, i.e., initial and one change (if applied) in same type. This is done by Automated System of Allotment.
How to apply for GPRA in Delhi?
Applications for allotment of houses are accepted “Online” only.
- The applicants should apply “ONLINE” through “AUTOMATED SYSTEM OF ALLOTMENT” [ASA] for entitled type of accommodation as per Rule 8 of the CGGPRA Rules, 2017 [see ENTITLEMENTS AND ELIGIBILITIES – Q. NO.7] in Applicant Profile on the website of the Directorate of Estates after regular appointment/ joining on transfer at the place of posting in the Ministries /Departments /offices of the Government of India and other organisations, declared eligible for GPRA.
- Applicants are required to fill up login ID request form in the Automated System of Allotment in eSampada of website of theDirectorate ofEstates (www.eSampada.mohua.gov.in) and mobile app “eSampada”.
- On filling up of Applicant Profile an ID and a password is generated and displayed on screen and subsequently is sent to the applicant through email or SMS.
- Using this login ID and Password, an applicant shall login to his account and update the Applicant Profile.
- AdministrativeDivision of all eligible offices for general pool residential accommodation (gpra) in Delhi / other places shall verify online DE-II Form of the applicant of their office online in eSampada.
- On acceptance of DE-II / Applicant Profile by Directorate of Estates online during a month, the applicant will be included in the waiting list of next month for all eligible types of accommodation.
- The applications received upto the last day of the month are included in the Waiting List of the subsequent month.
- The applicant may submit online his/her preferences of houses in eSampada and make required changes in his/her preferences/choices etc., as and when required, online.
- After allotment of accommodation is made to an individual during a month, the allotment letters will be received by the allottees online and individual allottee shall submit his acceptance online within a period of 8 days by filling up of the Acceptance Form available in eSampada.
- On verification and acceptance of the Acceptance Form of the allottee by the eligible office, an authority slip and a licence fee bill will be generated automatically, which will go online to the allottee, concerned Service Centre of CPWD, DDOetc.
- On physical occupation of the allotted accommodation by the allottee, a revised licence fee bill will be automatically generated and send online to the account of the allottee, DDO of the concerned office etc.
[A flow-chart of the procedure may kindly be seen at Annexure-I].
How allotment letter and authority slip to get an accommodation are issued and where to get it?
After allotment of accommodation is made to an individual during a month, the allotment letters will be receivedby the allottees online and individual allottee shall submit his acceptance online in his/her profile by filling up of the Acceptance Form available in eSampada. On verification and acceptance of the Acceptance Form of the allottee by the eligible office, an authority slip and a licence fee bill will be generated automatically, which will go online to the allottee, concerned Service Centre of CPWD, DDO etc. On receipt of Physical Occupation Report of the allotted accommodation by the allottee, a revised licence fee bill will be automatically generated and send online to the account of the allottee, DDO of the concerned office etc.
While taking possession of the quarter from the CPWD Service Centre, what precautions should be taken?
- (a) The allottee should count each and every item of fitting/ furnishing provided in the flat to avoid inconvenience at later stage.
- (b) Each deficiency should be brought out to the notice of the CPWD/ other maintenance agency staff under acknowledgement.
- (c) She/he should put his own lock in the house.
- (d) She/he should obtain Physical Occupation Report, duly signed by him and theJunior Engineer, CPWD.
- (e) She/he should approach MCD/ NDMC/ Electricity/ PNG authority concerned to secure water, electricity and gas connections for the allotted house.
- (f) Rent shall be charged from the date of occupation of the accommodation or the 8th day from the date of the allotment letter, whichever is earlier. However, licence fee shall be charged from the date of handing of the accommodation to the allottee/ physical occupation in cases where the CPWD certifies that accommodation was not fit for occupation and as a result thereof the officer could not occupy the accommodation within the prescribed period.
What is the procedure for change of accommodation?
The application for change of accommodation is entertained in the same type only. Only one change is permissible in a particular type of accommodation. The allottee desirous of change is required to submit
an application “Online” in the prescribed form and get the online change form verified from his/her office online in eSampada. The ASA will be updated every month and the applicant may be able to give preferences for areas “Online” during the bidding period for particular type of accommodation.
Central Government General Pool Residential Accommodation Amendment Rules, 2020
In how many days a allottee has to vacate the previous accommodation on acceptance of change allotment?
On receipt of allotment letter for change of accommodation, the allottee is required to convey his acceptance within a period of 8 days from the date of issue of the allotment letter and to vacate the previous accommodation in his possession within a period of 30 days from the date of occupation of the new accommodation.
Failure to vacate the previous accommodation within the prescribed period results in cancellation of allotment with penal consequences such as charging of damages, eviction proceedings under the Public Premises Act.
In certain cases of double occupation, allotment of both the houses is liable to be cancelled.
Can an applicant seek reconsideration of allotment offered?
Request for reconsideration in cases of non-acceptance of allotment within the specified time is considered by the Directorate of Estates if an application for reconsideration is made before the next bidding cycle, in the following cases:
- (a) intervening Gazetted holidays during the eight days period;
- (b) delay in forwarding of prescribed acceptance form from the office concerned;
- (c) the allottee on official tour during the acceptance period;
- (d) other valid reasons provided by the allottee;
- (e) the allotted accommodation is occupied by another allottee;
- (f) the allottee is unwilling to pay the pending dues of the previous occupants relating to electricity or water, etc.
How allotments of Type VII and VIII General Pool accommodation are made?
The general pool of Type VII and VIII accommodation are allotted by Hon’ble Minister of Housing and Urban Affairs keeping in view the functional necessity, criticality/ sensitivity of the post held.
Applicant has to login through OTP sent on his/her registered email ID/mobile no. and complete their profile page in the Automated System of Allotment in eSampada (www.eSampada.mohua.gov.in)(mobile
app “eSampada”). After verification from Administrative authority of applicant the applicant profile, the applicant’s account is activated and he/she is included in the List for allotment.
The applications received up to the last day of the month are included in the List of the subsequent month.
How the position of an officer for an accommodation changes during the bidding process?
The NIC Centre of the Directorate of Estates updates the bidding position thrice a day between 8.00 a.m. to 8.30.a.m,2.00p.m.to 2.30p.m, and 6.00p.m. to 6.30p.m. This means all applicants filling options between 2.00 p.m. to 6.00 p.m. will get tentative position vis-a-vis options filled till 2.00 p.m. and similarly for other time slots. The options filled between 2.00p.m.to 6.00 p.m. will be updated only by 6.30p.m.
The whole Allotment process is automated system generated and there is no scope of any human addition or alterations after the close of the bid time.
Can the house be accepted technically and then application for change of quarter can be made?
No. The applicants will have to necessarily accept the house allotted to them. In the event of nonacceptance, the applicant will be debarred for further allotment for a period of three months. In case of non-acceptance of change allotment, the allottee will not be eligible for another change.
How are Waiting Lists prepared?
Waiting List for Type I to IV accommodation:
A Unified waiting list for change as well as for initial allotment of same type accommodation is prepared based on the date of priority i.e. date of joining the service in the Government of India.
Waiting List for Type IV(Special) and above types of accommodation:
The Waiting List for Type-IV(Spl) and above types of accommodation is prepared based on the factors mentioned in answerto question No.10.
Preparation of Waiting List for Type VI B [C-I]:
Waiting list for Type VIB [C-I] houses are prepared in the ratio of 1:1:1 among Secretary/ Secretary equivalent officers and Chairman/Members of eligible Commissions etc. Three waiting lists i.e. List-A, List-B and List-C are prepared on the basis of this ratio. No HAG officer waiting in List A or List B will be allotted C-I house if an Apex Grade officer is waiting in the other list.Thus, HAG officers will be allotted C-I houses only after meeting the claim of the Secretary/ Secretary equivalent officers irrespective of availability of units as per the above ratio.
Waiting list for Hostel Accommodation:
Waiting list for Hostel Accommodation based on date of priority as applicable for Type I to IV and Type IV(Special) and above accommodation.
Change waiting list
No separate change waiting lists are prepared after implementation of ASA. Under ASA, change as well as initial allotments of GPRA has the same date of priority. However, separate application has to be submitted for change of same type of accommodation.
Whether a house owning officer atthe placeof posting is eligible forgeneral pool residential accommodation?
Whether allotment shall be made to both wife and husband if they are Central Government servants?
No. Allotment shall be made to either wife or husband. In case both have GeneralPool Residential Accommodation or Departmental Pool Residential Accommodation before their marriage, one of them has to surrender the General Pool Residential Accommodation or Departmental Pool Residential Accommodation, as the case may be, within one month after their marriage. If one of the accommodations is not surrendered within one month, the lower type of accommodation held by one of the spouse shall be deemed to have been cancelled.
However, judicially separated spouse is entitled for a separate accommodation.
Check detailed on the below link:
B Bhaskar, OS says
kindly intimate Type VI is specified for HoEs only and Type V Qtrs if civilian Gp ‘A’ Officer who is holding L-14 date of holding 06 Oct 1997 and other Officer Gr Pay 8700 date on charge 05 May 2007 to whom Type V to be alloted? Kindly reply