Reimbursement of OPD Medicines costs special COVID-19 approval until 31 July 2020
Government of India
Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
Directorate General of CGHS
Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi
Dated the 29th May, 2020.
Sub: Reimbursement of cost of OPD Medicines: Special Sanction in view of COVID-19- till 31st July 2020- regarding
In view of the Corona Virus Disease (COVID-19) , all out efforts are made by the Government to contain its impact by instituting measures at community as well as at individual level.
2. In this regard the undersigned is directed to draw attention is the OM of even number dated 27.03.2020 and 29.04.2020 vide which an option has been provided to CGHS beneficiaries getting medicines for Chronic diseases, to purchase medicines based on the prescription held (prescribed by CGHS Medical Officers / CGHS Specialists /other Govt. Specialists/ Specialist of empanelled hospital) till 31st May 2020, irrespective of Non-Availability certificate from CGHS or otherwise. However, several representations are received in the Ministry seeking extension of the period in view of the continued ‘Lock Down’.
3. The matter has been reviewed by the Ministry it is now decided that CGHS beneficiaries getting medicines for Chronic diseases shall be permitted to purchase medicines based on the prescription held (prescribed by CGHS Medical Officers / CGHS Specialists /other Govt. Specialists / Specialist of empanelled hospital) till 31st July 2020 on the same conditions as per the earlier OM dated 27.03.2020. It is also clarified that the CGHS Wellness Centres are functional and CGHS beneficiaries also have the option to collect medicines through CGHS Wellness Centres as per normal practice, instead of purchasing from market.
4 Issued with the approval of Integrated Finance Division, MoHFW vide CD No 430 dated 29.05.2020.
(Dr.Sanjay Jain )
Related to Your Search:
- Reimbursement of OPD Medicines Special Sanction in view of COVID-19
- CGHS: Issue of Medicines prescribed by Specialists beyond the period
- ECHS – CLAIM REIMBURSEMENT OF MEDICINES SPECIAL SANCTION IN VIEW OF COVID-19 till 30 April 2020
- ECHS – REIMBURSEMENT OF MEDICINES : SPECIAL SANCTION IN VIEW OF COVID-19
- Medicines under CGHS can be issued for up to 3 months at a time in chronic diseases – Amendment CGHS Order on 21.10.2014
- NCJCM Staff Side Meeting of COVID-19 PATIENTS: FIXATION OF PACKAGE RATE, REIMBURSEMENT, CGHS CASHLESS TREATMENT
- CGHS: SMS facility for Indented Medicines to CGHS Beneficiaries
- CGHS – Issue of OPD Medicines for CGHS beneficiaries going abroad
- Timelines for settlement of Medical Claims in CGHS Procedure