Z 15025/12/2020/ DIR/CGHS
Government of India
Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
Directorate General of CGHS
Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi
Dated the 27th March, 2020.
Sub: Reimbursement of OPD Medicines Special Sanction in view of COVID-19
In view of the Corona Virus Disease (COVID-19) , all out efforts are made by the Government to contain its impact by instituting measures at community as well as at individual level.
Guidelines for maintaining social distancing between individuals have already been issued by the Government. In the spirit of above guidelines the undersigned is directed to state that CGHS beneficiaries getting medicines for chronic diseases may purchase medicines based on the prescription held (prescribed by CGHS Medical Officers / CGHS Specialists /other Govt. Specialists/ Specialist of empanelled hospital) till 30th April 2020 irrespective of Non-Availability certificate from CGHS or otherwise . The idea behind the measures is that CGHS beneficiaries need not visit CGHS Wellness Centres to collect medicines till 30th April 2020.
The medical claim shall be submitted to CGHS by pensioners, ex-MPs etc., through CGHS Wellness Centre , where the card is registered , to concerned Ministry /Department in case of serving employees , to the Rajya Sabha Secretariat / Lok Sabha Secretariat ,as the case may be in respect of Hon’ble Members of Parliament and to the concerned Autonomous Body in case beneficiaries of Autonomous Bodies.
These orders shall come into force with immediate effect.
(Dr. Sanjay Jain)
Related to Your Search:
- Reimbursement of cost of OPD Medicines: Special Sanction in view of COVID-19 – till 31st July 2020
- CGHS – Reimbursement of cost of OPD Medicines Special Sanction in view of COVID-19 till 31st December 2020
- CGHS: Issue of Medicines prescribed by Specialists beyond the period
- CGHS – Issue of OPD Medicines for CGHS beneficiaries going abroad
- Issue of OPD Medicines for CGHS beneficiaries going abroad
- CGHS Distribution of Life Saving Medicines NCR towns at Wellness Center
- Consultation from Specialists at CGHS empanelled hospitals in respect of CGHS beneficiaries aged 75 years and above
- Refund of the expense of ‘Pulse Oximeter’ for the COVID-19 family Positive CGHS Beneficiary under Home Treatment
- Lok Sabha: Procedural Impediments of CGHS Beneficiaries