Promotion to Junior Administrative Grade in Level-13 of 7th CPC instead of Level-12 – DoT
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Telecommunications
618-A, Mahanagar Doorsanchar Bhawan
Jawahar Lal Nehru Marg, New Delhi -110 002
Dated: 19 October, 2020
Whereas few representations have been received from amongst the officers promoted to Junior Administrative Grade (JAG) vide this office even no. order dated 07.07.2020. The common gist of the representations is that their promotion order should indicate promotion to Junior Administrative Grade in Level-13 of 7th CPC instead of Level-12.
2. The Representations have been examined. It is noted that these officers have been granted promotion to Junior Administrative Grade of the service in Level- 12 of 7 CPC – on regular basis – in accordance with the extant Service Rules i.e. P&T Building Works Service Rules 1994 as amended from time to time. This is also in line with the Minutes of Meeting of DPC conveyed by UPSC. The fact that they are already drawing their pay in Level-13 is due to scheme of Non-functional upgradation and is not relevant while considering them for regular promotion to JAG as per statutory RRs.
3. However, it is clarified that the officers already granted NFU in Level-13 of 7th CPC shall continue to draw pay in Level-13, and there will be no pay fixation for officers already drawing their pay in Level-12 or 13 on grant of regular promotion to JAG.
4. This issues with the approval of competent authority.
(S. K. Khare)
The Officers concerned
(through Heads of Controlling Units)
Related to Your Search:
- 7th CPC Pay fixation of SCS/Non-SCS officers promoted to IAS subsequent
- Pay fixation of SCS/Non-SCS officers promoted to IAS subsequent to the implementation of 7th CPC recommendations
- Promotion of Group ’A’ and Group ‘B’ officers to Senior Scale on ad-hoc basis: Railway Board Order
- DoPT: Stepping up of pay-Consolidated guidelines
- Date of Next Increment DNI after Promotion / Upgradation after completion of 6 months qualifying service i.e., on 1st Jan or 1st July
- MACP – Benefit of pay fixation available at the time of regular promotion
- Modified Assured Career Progression Scheme (MACPS) Clarifications
- Pay Anomaly in respect of Maj Generals and Lt Generals promoted before 01/01/2016
- Pay Anomaly in respect of Major Generals and Lt Generals promoted before 01/01/2016