NPS Applicable to NVS Employees w.e.f. 1.4.2009
The New Pension Scheme introduced for the Central Government employees w.e.f. 1.1.2004, was made applicable to the regular employees of NVS w.e.f. 1.4.2009.
Pension benefit to teachers of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas
The option to switchover to the GPF Scheme was available only to the employees of those institutions which were in existence as on 1.1.1986. Since the Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS) was registered as a society only on 28.2.1986, the option of switchover to GPF scheme was not applicable to the employees of NVS.
The employees of NVS had been given the benefits of Contributory Provident Fund (CPF) scheme since its inception. The New Pension Scheme (NPS), which was introduced for the Central Government employees w.e.f. 1.1.2004, was made applicable to the regular employees of NVS w.e.f. 1.4.2009. Those employees who had joined NVS on regular basis before 1.4.2009 were given an option to continue with the existing CPF scheme or to join the NPS.
The option was to be exercised by 3.11.2009. Those employees of NVS who have opted for and are covered under the NPS, are entitled to the benefits envisaged under this scheme. Thus, the teachers of the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas are already entitled to benefits of either the CPF scheme or the NPS scheme having regard to the option exercised by them.
This was stated by Shri Satya Pal Singh, Minister of State for Human Resource Development in a written reply to a question in Rajya Sabha on 13.12.2018.
Related to Your Search:
- Pension Scheme for the employees of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNVs)
- Pension scheme in NVS
- Demands of Staff of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas: Rajya Sabha Q&A
- JNVs – Fulfilment of demands of staff of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas
- Kendriya Vidyalayas (KVs) and Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNVs)
- Proposal for alternative pension scheme in lieu of the existing CPF Scheme
- GPF CUM PENSION SCHEME
- Army officers revised pay structure Opportunity for revision
- KVs and JNVs in all districts and subdivisions