One time relaxation for the retention of railway accommodation with a view to Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
RBE No. 38/2020
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA (BHARAT SARKAR)
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS (RAIL MANTRALAYA)
No. E(G) 2020 RN 2-COVID-19
New Delhi, dated 19. 05. 2020
The General Manager /Director General
All Indian Railways/ Production Units/ ROSO-Lucknow
(As per Standard mailing list)
Sub: One time relaxation for retention of railway accommodation in view of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, vide their OM No.12035/2/2020-Pol-II dated 31.05.2020 has allowed suo-motu retention for the period from 17.03.2020 to for the allottees under the Central Government General Pool Residential Accommodation (CGGPRA) Rules 2017. This suo-moto retention has been further extended up to 30.06.2020 by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs vide their OM dated 05.05 2020
2. Keeping in view the above, Board have decided to allow suo-motu retention of railway accommodation by officers/staff for the period from 17.03.2020 to 30.06.2020. The suo-motu retention period will be on payment of licence fees as applicable to the allottees under these rules. No damage rent will be charged for this period. These relaxations will be given to such allottees also where she/he has become unauthorized occupant of government accommodation before 17.03.2020. However, in such cases, after the retention period up to 30.06.2020, the damage charges at telescopic rates, as was continuing prior to this period, will be resumed.
3. This issues with the concurrence of the Finance Directorate of the Ministry of Railways.
4. Please acknowledge receipt.
Director Establishment (Genl.)
Related to Your Search:
- One-time relaxation to General Pool Residential Accommodation (GPRA) allottees of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) – Retention period extended
- Retention of Railway accommodation by Railway officers/staff on their deputation to Railway PSUs
- Retention of railway accommodation by railway officers/staff on their deputation to railway PSUs
- Retention of Railway accommodation on medical grounds after retirement
- Retention of Railway accommodation at the previous place of posting in favour of Staffs posted to ECR & NWR
- Extension of retention of General Pool Residential Accommodation (GPRA) to the officers and staff of CPWD
- Retention of Government Accommodation after retirement till the lifetime in cases related to medical and education of children?
- Guidelines for retention for Government accommodation by the allottee who are not regular Govt. Servant Viz Consultant etc.
- Railway Board Orders – Extension of the period of retention of Railway accommodation at the previous place of posting in favour of officers/staff posted to ECR & NWR