Dated: May 13, 2020
Sub: Grant of Transport Allowance to Railway Employees for the month of April 2020
Ref.: Railway Board’s letter No.PC-V/2017/A/TA/1 dated 03.08.2017(RBE No.80/2017)
It has come to our notice that, on some of the Zonal Railways a letter has been circulated, quoting Railway Board’s letter supra dated 03.08.2017, that, any official/ staff who has not attended office for a day in the month of April 2020 will not be paid Transport Allowance.
Although, it was a recommendation of the VII CPC, implementation of these instructions during this lockdown period is totally against the instructions of the Railway Board, Ministry of Home Affairs and appeal of Hon’ble Prime Minister, that, people should remain where they are and should not move unless there is any emergency.
You are also aware that, Ministry of Home Affairs and Railway Board, both, have issued instructions that the employees should “Work From Home”, and in fact, they are doing so. In spite of that, we are unable to understand, why such letters are being issued?
Presently, in this adverse situation, when Railwaymen are making their all out efforts to fight against COVID-19 Pandemic, such instructions to deduct Transport Allowance are detrimental to the interests of the Railwaymen.
You are, therefore, requested to kindly issue necessary instructions to all the Zonal Railways and Production Units not to deduct Transport Allowance from Railway Employees /Officers those who could not attend office even for a single day due to enforcement of the lockdown, owing to COVID-19 Pandemic, and also as per instructions issued from time to time by the Ministry of Home Affairs and Railway Board.
(Shiva Gopal Mishra)
Related to Your Search:
- Special Casual Leave to be consider the absence during COVID-19 epidemic lockdown period – AIRF
- Payment of Transport Allowance to Railway Employees working from home for entire calendar month(s) in view of COVID-19 Pandemic
- Central Government Employees Absence during COVID – 19 epidemic lockdown period – clarification is received from DOPT
- Quarantine leave provision due to pandemic situation – Re-introduction – NFIR
- Regularization of absence during COVID-19 epidemic lockdown period – Latest DoPT Order
- One time relaxation for retention of railway accommodation in view of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Contract staff who are staying at home for COVID-19 prevention lockdown shall be treated as ‘on duty’
- AIRF letter to Railways – Treatment and Insurance Coverage for COVID-19
- Relief to establishments covered by the EPF and MP Act , 1952 from penalty levy for delayed payment of dues during lockdown