DoPT Orders 2019
Central Civil Services (Leave Travel Concession) Rules, 1988 -Relaxation to travel by air to visit North East Region, Jammu & Kashmir and Andaman & Nicobar – clarification reg
No. 31011/3/2018-Estt. (A-IV)
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, public Grievances and Pensions
Department of personnel and Training
Establishment A-IV Desk
North Block, New Delhi-110001
Dated: June 20,2019
Subject:- Central Civil Services (Leave Travel Concession) Rules, 1988 -Relaxation to travel by air to visit North East Region, Jammu & Kashmir and Andaman & Nicobar – clarification reg
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Department’s O.M. of even no. dated 20.09.2018 regarding the relaxation to travel by air on LTC to visit North-East Region (NER), Jammu & Kashmir (J&K) and Andaman & Nicobar Islands (A&N) and to say that as per para 2(v) of the aforesaid O.M., Government employees non-entitled to travel by air are allowed air travel in Economy class subject to maximum fare limit of LTC-80 fare in the following sectors:
a) Between Kolkata/ Guwahati and any place in NER.
b) Between Kolkata/ Chennai/ Visakhapatnam and Port Brair.
c) Between Delhi/ Amritsar and any place in J&K.
Journey for these non-entitled.employees from their Headquarters up to Kolkata/ Guwahati/ Chennai/ Visakhapatnam/ Delhi/ Amritsar is to be undertaken as per their entitlement.
2. In this regard, several references / RTI applications are received in this Department seeking clarification regarding settlement of LTC claims where a non-entitled Government employee directly travels by air from his Headquarters to the destination in North-East Region (NER), Jammu & Kashmir (J&K) and Andaman & Nicobar Islands (A&N) as opposed to their entitlement.
3. The matter has been examined in this- Department in consultation with Department of Expenditure. It has been decided that cases of direct air travel by a non-entitled Government on LTC from his Headquarters !o special dispensation the place oi visit in NER/ J&K / A&N under the special dispensation scheme of travel by air as under:
“Entitled class rail fare from the.Headquarters/ place of posting to the nearest relevant railhead (ie. Kolkata/ Guwahati/ Delhi/ Amritsar/ Chennai/ Visakhapatnam) based on the place of visit (in NER / J&K/ A&N) + LTC-80 Economy class air fare from the same railhead to the place of visit in NER / J&K / A&N ); or the actual air fare from the Headquarters to the place of visit, whichever is less.”
4. In their application to the staff serving in the Indian Audit and Accounts Department, this order issues after consultation with Comptroller & Auditor General of India.
(Surya Narayan Jha)
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India
All Ministries/ Departments of the Government of India.
(As per the standard list)
Related to Your Search:
- DoPT: Central Civil Services (Leave Travel Concession) Rules, 1988 – Relaxation to travel by air to visit North East Region, Jammu & Kashmir and Andaman & Nicobar – extension beyond 25.09.2018.
- Availing of Home Town LTC for other places
- Central Civil Services (Leave Travel Concession) Rules 1988 Relaxation to travel by air to visit NER, J and K and A and N
- Relaxation to travel by air to visit J&K, NER and A&N for further two years on LTC – Dopt Order
- LTC 80 for non entitled Government Servants: Clarification by DoPT in Rajya Sabha Q&A
- Latest Air India Domestic Fare List – 2nd July, 2012
- 7th CPC LTC facilities to Central Government Employees serving in North Eastern Region, Jammu Kashmir and Andaman & Nicobar
- Home town LTC conversion rules for fresh recruits to visit UT of Jammu & Kashmir
- LTC facilities to the Civilian employees of the Central Government serving in States of the North-Eastern Region, Ladakh region of State of Jammu & Kashmir and in Union Territories of Andaman & Nicobar Island and Lakshadweep Group of Islands – Implementation of recommendations of 7th CPC