Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
North Block, New Delhi
Dated; 30th September, 2020
Sub: Cases pending or decided by Hon’ble High Courts/ Tribunals regarding preponement of effective date of Modified Assured Career Progression (MACP) Scheme – reg.
The undersigned is directed to say that the matter relating to grant of benefits w.e.f. 01.01.2006 instead of w.e.f. 01.09.2008 under the MACP Scheme to civilian Central Government employees is presently sub-judice before the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India in a number of cases tagged with SLP Nos. 10811-10813/2018 in the matter of Union of India Vs. Shri Ranjit Samuel, and that all similar matters are being heard together by the Hon’ble Apex Court.
2. A large number of references are being received in this Department based on orders of the Hon’ble Tribunals (CAT Benches) and Hon’ble High Courts seeking advice on implementation of such orders allowing grant of benefits under the MACP Scheme from 1.1.2006, as against 1.9.2008, the date provided in the MACP Scheme.
3, Since such orders of Hon’ble Tribunals /High Courts are at variance with the extant MACPS guidelines and for the fact that the primary issue of date of effect of MACPS is sub judice before the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India, this Department is constrained to advise various Ministries/ Departments to either seek review or agitate the matter in higher courts, by challenging such orders.
4, Accordingly, Ministries /Departments are, therefore, advised to defend such cases or challenge the orders (where decision has been taken by the Hon’ble Tribunal/High Court) contrary to MACPS guidelines, by bringing the fact that the issue is pending before the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India, to the notice of Hon’ble Tribunals/High Courts.
Under Secretary to the Government of India
Related to Your Search:
- Grant of MACP benefit in the promotional hierarchy – Copy of the stay order dated 08.08.2014 passed by Hon’ble Supreme Court
- Dopt order regarding MACP Clarification
- MACP on Hierarchy: DoPT’s clarification in view of Tribunal/Court Judgement through Railway Board
- Supreme Court Order delaying the effective date of the MACP Scheme w.e.f. 01.01.2006
- Grant of Financial upgradation under MACP Scheme to Employees.
- Deletion of MACP grant notice from 01.01.2006 rather than 01.09.2008 – High Court Order
- Grant of 3rd MACP in the grade pay of Rs.6600 – Filing Transfer Petitions before the Hon’ble CAT, PB, New Delhi
- MACP on Promotional Hierarchy – Written reply in Parliament
- References from Ministries/Departments seeking advice of the DoP&T regarding further course of action to be taken on the order of Tribunal/Courts