Attendance of Central Government officials to Prevent to contain the spread of Novel Coronavirus COVID-19
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
(Department of Personnel and Training)
North Block, New Delhi
Dated the 7th October, 2020
Subject: Preventive measures to contain the spread of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) – Attendance of Central Government officials regarding.
The undersigned is directed to refer to OM of even number dated the 5th June, 2020 reiterating, inter alia, the instructions/ advisory issued vide OMs dated 17.3.2020, 18.5.2020 and 19.5.2020 for well-being of Government employees and regulating attendance of Central Government employees in offices with staggered timings. The matter has now been reviewed and it has been decided as under:
(a) The Government servants at the level of Under Secretary and above to attend offices on all working days.
(b) As regards Government servants below the level of Under Secretary, at least 50% of attendance is to be ensured. The Heads of Department may mandate attendance of more than 50%, if required in public interest, while strictly ensuring that social distancing is maintained under all circumstances.
(c) The officers/ staff shall follow staggered timings to avoid over-crowding in offices/ work places as indicated below.
9.00 a.m. to 5.30 p.m.
10.00 a.m. to 6.30 p.m.
(d) All officers/staff residing in the containment zone shall be exempted from coming to offices till the containment zone is denotified.
(e) Those officers/staff who are not attending office shall work from home and they should be available on telephone and electronic means of communication at all times.
(f) Persons with Disabilities and Pregnant women employees shall continue to work from home till further orders.
(g) Heads of Departments shall ensure that the National Directives for the Covid-19 management, which include instructions issued for regular sanitization/cleaning of working places, maintenance of social distancing norms, wearing of masks etc. are strictly complied with. It may also be strictly ensured that there Is no crowding in the corridors.
(h) Meetings, as far as possible, shall be conducted on video-conferencing and personal meetings with visitors, unless absolutely necessary in public interest, are to be avoided.
2. The above instructions shall be in force with immediate effect until further orders. Biometric attendance shall continue to be suspended and physical attendance registers shall be maintained until further orders. The Heads of the Department may kindly ensure strict implementation of these instructions.
(Umesh Kumar Bhatia)
Deputy Secretary to the Govt. of India
Related to Your Search:
- Attendance of Central Government officials – Preventive measures to contain the spread of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) – DoPT Order
- Latest DoPT order – Maintain 33 percent of employees attendance, roaster & work from home – Central Govt Employees
- DoPT attendance circular 2021 for central govt employees to contain the spread of Coronavirus
- 50% Attendance of Central Government Employees – DoPT orders on Covid-19
- Latest DoPT Order – Preventive measures to contain the spread of COVID19 for all Central Government Employees
- DoPT attendance circular 2021 regarding Novel Coronavirus COVID- 19
- Railways – 50% of officers and staff to attend office on every alternate days with staggered timings until further orders
- Shift Roster for central government employees to ensure 50 percent attendance – DoPT Orders 2020
- Daily attendance is being sought by DoPT telaphonically, officers are requested to convey attendance by 11 am