7th CPC Allowances: Abolition of Rent Free Accommodation Allowance
Abolition of Rent Free Accommodation Allowance – Recommendation of 7th CPC
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan,Sansad Marg
All Heads of Circle,
Sub: Abolition of Rent Free Accommodation Allowance – Recommendation of 7th CPC.
I am directed to refer to Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs Directorate of Estates,OM.No.18018/1/2017-Pol.III dated 17th August 2017 on the subject cited above.It is to inform that the OM dated 17th August 2017 shall apply to all rent free accommodation allotted to Government employees under General Pool Residential Accommodation. SPMs and PMs are not provided rent free accommodation under General Pool Residential accommodation but under the post attached quarters system.As such the OM dated 17th August 2017 of Ministry Of Housing & Urban Affairs, Directorate of Estates, is not applicable to post attached quarters in the postal Department.
This issues with the approval of the Competent Authority.
Assistant Director General (Esst)
Related to Your Search:
- Abolition of Rent Free Accommodation Allowance-Recommendation of the 7th Central Pay Commission
- Grant of compensation in lieu of rent free accommodation – Finmin Orders
- Terms of Request for Government Accommodation and the provision of ‘No Accommodation Certificate for House Rent Allowance
- Mobile App (m-Awas) for allotment of General Pool Residential Accommodation (GPRA) through Automated System of Allotment (ASA) launched
- CGGPRA: Clarification regarding the term ‘Non-Family Station’ in respect of concessional retention of Government Accommodation
- Directorate of Estates Orders: Revision of Guidelines for Allotment of Government Accommodation from General Pool to the Political Parties
- Directorate of Estates Orders – Revision of guidelines for allotment of accommodation to former President(s), former Vice President(s) and former Prime Minister(s) or in case of death to their spouses.
- Amendment in the provisions for retention/allotment of General Pool Residential Accommodation on re-appointment in an eligible Central Government Office or fresh appointment/re-appointment in Statutory/autonomous/quasi-judicial bodies etc.
- Revision of Guidelines for Allotment of Government Accommodation from General Pool to the Political Parties