7th Pay Commission Unions leaders to meet officials today for higher allowances
New Delhi: Central government employees unions leaders today is likely to to meet top government officials for higher allowances.
The central government employees now get all allowances except dearness allowance at the old rates until the cabinet approval of higher allowances.
The the Committee on Allowances, headed by Finance Secretary Ashok Lavasa was constituted in June last year after the government implemented the recommendation of the 7th Pay Commission from January 1, 2016 in respect of basic pay and dearness allowances.
The 7th Pay Commission had recommended that of a total of 196 allowances, 52 be abolished altogether and 36 be abolished as separate identities by subsuming them in another allowance, which triggered resentment among central government employees that governments complied with formation of the Committee on Allowances.
The Committee on Allowances submitted its report to Finance Minister Arun Jaitley on April 27.
The 7th Pay commission had recommended abolition of or subsuming of allowances like acting, assisting cashier, cycle, condiment, flying squad, haircutting, rajbhasha, rajdhani, robe, shoe, shorthand, soap, spectacle, uniform, vigilance and washing.
It also recommended slashing the House Rent Allowance (HRA) from 30, 20 and 10 per cent to 24, 16 and 8 percent of the Basic Pay for Class X, Y and Z cities respectively.
The unions leaders of central government employees are pressing hard for immediate cabinet approval of higher allowances.
Related to Your Search:
- 7th Pay Commission: Suspense Over Higher Allowances
- Central Government Employees not to go on strike on May 23 over ‘7th Pay Commission allowances’
- 7th Pay Commission: Latest updates on higher allowance
- 7th Pay Commission: E-CoS may take 2-3 Weeks to Screen the Allowance Committee Report on 7th CPC
- 7th Pay Commission Allowances: Important Update Likely Tomorrow – NDTV News
- 7th Pay Commission: Revised Allowances Likely From July, Says Report
- 7th Pay Commission: Central employees wait for higher allowances more than for Holi
- 7th Pay Commission: Higher allowances from January
- 7th Pay Commission: Demonetisation delays higher allowances