Flash News: 78 Day wages as Bonus for Railway Employees – AIRF
AIRF informed through its official portal that all Railway Employees to get 78 Day Wages as Productivity Linked Bonus for this year…
The AIRF message is given below :
“Due to Untiring efforts of AIRF, Orders for Payment of 78 days (Total Amount will be Rs. 8975/-) PLB has been issued by Railway Board.
Com. Shiva Gopal Mishra/GS/AIRF has thanked Sh. Sadanand Gowda/Minister for Railways for taking extra efforts and also congratulated all the affilates for showing strength.
On this victory Com Shiva Gopal Mishra/GS/AIRF and Com Rakhal Dass Gupta/President AIRF along with whole AIRF Fraternity wishes Railwaymen and their families a very happy festive season”.
SCOVA 25th Standing Committee meeting minutes
Pensioners Portal uploded the detailed minutes of the 25th meeting of Standing Committee of Voluntary Agencies (SCOVA) held on 05th Sept, 2014 under the Chairmanship of Honourable MOS(PP) on its portal yesterday.
Some important issues taken in the meeting…
- Merger of 78.2% IDA with basic pension benefit to the absorbed BSNL Pensioners…
- Health Insurance Scheme for pensioners including those residing at non-CGHS areas…
- Special Family Pension for the widows of disabled War Veterans…
- Stepping up of Disability Element on the basis of Fitment Tables…
- Income Certificate to be produced by the Family Pensioner…
- Extension of CGHS facilities to retired BSNL employees…
DA Over 50%, Dearness Allowance, Employees News, Expected DA, Latest News Tags:
50% DA Merger, DA Merger, Merger of DA, Merger of DA 50%, Pensioners associations, Pensioners Issues, SCOVA, Standing Committee of Voluntary Agencies
Department of Posts issued orders for the payment of Dearness Allowance to Gramin Dak Sevaks (G-DS) at revised retes w.e.f. 01.07.2014 onwards
Government of India
Ministry of Communication & IT
Department of Posts
(Establishment Division)/P.A.P. Section
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg, New Delhi – 110001
Dated 25th September, 2014
All Chief Postmaster General
All G.Ms (PAF)/Director of Accounts (Posts).
Subject: Payment of Dearness Allowance to Gramin Dak Sevaks (G-DS) at revised retes w.e.f. 01.07.2014 onwards – reg.
Consequent upon grant to another installment of Dearness allowance. With effect from 1st July, 2014 to the Central Government Employee vide Government of India, Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure’s O.M. No. 1/2/2014-E-II (B) dated 18.09.2014, duly endorsed vide this Department’s letter No. 8-1/2012-PAP dated 22.9.2014, the Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) have also become entitled to the payment of Dearness Allowances on basic TRCA at the revised rate with effect from 01.07.2014. It has, therefore, been decided that the Dearness Allowance payable to the Gramin Dak Sevaks shall be enhanced from the existing rate of 100% to 107% on the basic time related continuity Allowance, with effect from the 1st July,2014.
2. The additional of Dearness Allowance payable under this order shall be paid in cash to all Gramin Dak Sevaks.
3. The Expenditure on this account shall be debited to the head “salaries” under the relevant head of account and should be met from the sanctioned grant.
4. This issue with the concurrence of integrated finance wing vide the dairy No. 159/FA/2014-CS dated 25.09.2014.
Assistant Director General (Estt.)
Source : www.indiapost.gov.in
Labour Minister Shri Tomar announces launch of Minimum Pension Scheme across 120 locations in India
37 Union Ministers to felicitate pensioners on September 30
The Union Minister of Labour & Employment, Steel and Mines, Shri Narendra Singh Tomar announced the launch of a guaranteed minimum pension of Rs 1000 per month under Employees’ Pension Scheme, 1995. Speaking to journalists at a press conference in here today, he said, the Union Government has decided to organize functions in every office of the Employees Provident Fund Organisation spread across 120 locations in the country. It has also been decided that in 37 locations, Union Ministers will preside over the functions and felicitate the pensioners whose pension is getting increased.
Shri Tomar stated that this is being done to interact with the pensioners and to ensure that no eligible person is left out. He expressed confidence that this interaction will help the EPFO to design its pension re-engineering process in a better way. The Secretary, Ministry of Labour and Employment, Smt Gauri Kumar and Central PF Commissioner Shri K.K. Jalan were also present on the occasion.
The Minister said that the long-pending demand for increase in the pension will soon see the light of day. At present, a large number of pensioners are getting only paltry amounts as pension under the scheme. Nearly two-thirds of the pensioners are in receipt of pension of less than 1000 rupees. Thus, this move would benefit approximately 32 lakh out of a total of 49 lakh pensioners who are getting below Rs 1000 as pension, he added.
It is relevant to note that the wage ceiling for coverage under the three schemes of EPFO i.e. Employees Provident Fund Scheme, Employees’ Pension Scheme and Employees’ Deposit Linked Insurance Scheme (EDLI) has also been increased from monthly Rs 6500 to Rs 15000. This increased wage ceiling is expected to bring in an additional 50 lakh employees under the ambit of these social security programmes. The increased wage ceiling will also result into higher benefit under the EDLI from a maximum of Rs.1,30,000 to a maximum of Rs 3,60,000.
In the recent past EPFO has taken a series of measures to bring in greater transparency and efficiency in its functioning. These include the facility for online registration of establishments (OLRE), Online Transfer Claim Portal (OTCP), e-passbook and electronic payment of PF and Pension benefits through NEFT (National Electronic Fund Transfer) and CBS (Core Banking Solution).
Bonus for Railway employees delayed due to hospitalization of Finance Minister
Com. Shiva Gopal Mishra/GS AIRF has met Minister for Railways today in respect of PLB.
All India Railwaymen’s Federation
Shiva Gopal Mishra
Dated: September 25, 2014
The General Secretaries,
All Affiliated Unions,
Sub: Productivity Linked Bonus
Today I met Shri Sadananda Gowda, Hon’ble Minister for Railways at 13:30 hrs. and apprised him about the restlessness prevailing among the Railwaymen on the issue of PLB. He told me that he has already discussed the issue with Hon’ble Finance Minister and written him a D.O. letter on the subject, but it is unfortunate that he has been hospitalized. Even though he will try that PLB issue is resolved by today evening.
In spite of all these efforts, we are getting frantic calls from our affiliated unions, and the situation seems to be very tense throughout the Indian Railways.
As has been advised earlier, our people should be in all preparedness to meet any eventuality in future.
With fraternal greetings!
(Shiva Gopal Mishra)
7th Pay Commission invites more staff on deputation basis
Ministry of Finance issued orders on the subject of Staff Mobilisation today on its portal that 13 more officials are required to 7th Central Pay Commission on deputation basis.
Filling up of balance vacancies of Under Secretary/ Section Officer/ Assistant/ UDC/ Cashier on deputation basis in the Seventh Central Pay Commission
Under Secretary (PB-3 GP Rs.6600) – 6 Posts
Section Officer (PB-2 GP Rs.5400) – 5 Posts
Assistant (PB-2 GP Rs.4600) – 1 Post
UDC (PB-1 GP Rs.2400) – 1 Post
These posts will be filled up only on deputation basis. The details of qualifications and experience required for the posts are given in the order.
Click to view the complete order…
An account of Festivals, Government has decided to issue advance payment of wages to industrial employees of OFs for the month of Sept, 2014..
Office of the Principal Controller of Accounts ( Fys)
10-A, S.K.Bose Road, Kolkata- 700 001
No. Pay/ Tech-I/0826/Disb/2014/
Date :- 24/09/2014
1. All CFA ( Fys)
O I/C AO, OF (P),Nalanda
2. 0 I/C AO, OF (P),Korwa
Sub:- Advance payment of wages to industrial employees of OFs for the month of Sept, 2014 (payable in October, 2014) on account of Durga Puja Festival/ Dussera/ Bakri-Eid falling during 01.10.2014 to 06.10.2014
Controller General of Accounts, Ministry of Finance, Dept. of Expenditure vide U.O. No. 3(2)/2012/TA/477 dated 17.09.2014 on the above subject received under OFB, Kolkata No. 111/A/A dated 24/09/2014 has accorded approval for disbursement of wages for the month of September, 2014 in advance on 29.09.2014. The same may be communicated to all the LAOs under your jurisdiction for necessary action at their end, please.
In this connection it is requested that advance payment of wages on account of the aforesaid festival should be made positively on 29.09.2014 for the month of September,2014 subject to fulfillment of following conditions:-
1. The amount of advance wages to be paid on 29.09.2014 for the month of 09/2014 should be the actual wage for the month of 08/2014 drawn and disbursed to the respective Industrial Employees.
2. The Br. AO should adjust the advance wages, thus paid on 29.09.2014, while generating the regular wage bill for the month of 09/2014, which is required to be prepared by 07/10/2014 based on actual hours worked by each IE of the respective OF (i.e. w.r.t. actual attendance data).
3. Over payments , arrived at as a result of such actual generation of regular wage bill for the month of 9/2014 on due date i.e. 7-10-2014, should be adjusted by recovery through actual wage bill, generated for the month of October, 2014, payable in November, 2014.
4. Br. AOs should also take care of the dues in respect of the individuals on EOL/ long leave/ prolonged absence etc.
5. It is requested to note, while taking account of the actual payments made in the previous month (i.e. wage for 08/2014), Br. AOs should calculate the actual monthly wages to arrive at the advance amount after deducting any arrear payments/ supplementary payments (if any) made with the wages for the month of 08/2014.
Strict compliance to the above instructions may please be ensured.
Asst. Controller of Accounts ( Fys)
6 Day Long Vacation for Banks?
Festival shopping and salaried classes are expected to get hit this year due to continuous 6 day long vacation for banks.
In addition to these, cheque transactions worth hundreds of lakhs are going to be affected during the vacation.
People are worried that commercial trade worth thousands of crores are also going to be thrown into chaos.
From 30.9.2014(Tuesday) to 5.102014(Sunday)
30th September 2014 – Half Yearly Account Closing Day
1st October 2014 – Half Yearly Account Closing Day
2nd October 2014 – Gandi Jayanthi
3rd October 2014 – Dasara Festival
4th October 2014 – Half a Day Working
5th October 2014 – Sunday
Source: CG Staff News
Karnataka Makes Aadhaar Card Compulsory for Medical Care
Aadhaar Card was a controversial issue during the recently concluded Lok Sabha elections. When the new government took charge at the Centre, there were talks that the card might be discontinued. But, now that the Government has given a go-ahead to continue the Aadhaar card, the Karnataka state government has decided to give more value to the card. Henceforth, Aadhaar number has been made mandatory for employees of the Karnataka state government who are utilizing the free medical treatment, ‘Jyothi Sanjeevani’.
There are more than 5.6 lakh state government employees in Karnataka, and 40% of them are yet to receive the Aadhaar cards. Employees without Aadhaar cards and their families have been asked to submit details, including photographs, online at the e-Governance Department. These temporary measures are valid only until the employees and their families get their Aadhaar cards. The department of labour welfare has ordered the employees to get their Aadhaar cards as soon as possible. The district collectors have been given the responsibility of conducting special camps to issue Aadhaar cards to state government employees of each district.
According to the press release issued by the Karnataka Government, Aadhaar card shall be treated as identity card for state government employees and their families to avail of free medical care under the Jyothisanjeevani Scheme. Employees will have to register their Aadhaar number, via the salary disbursing officer, with the Human Resource Department – H.R.M.S.
Employees who do not have Aadhaar cards will have to submit photographs of themselves and their family members, along with details, to the concerned officer and get them registered with the H.R.M.S.
Grant of Non-Productivity Linked Bonus (Ad-hoc Bonus) to Central Government Employees for the year 2013-14 – Extension of orders to Autonomous Bodies
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
E III (A) Branch
New Delhi, the 23rd September, 2014.
Subject: Grant of Non-Productivity Linked Bonus (Ad-hoc Bonus) to Central Government Employees for the year 2013-14 – Extension of orders to Autonomous Bodies.
Orders have been issued vide this Ministry’s Office Memorandum No. 7/24/2007 E-III (A) dated 16th September, 2014 authorizing 30 days emoluments as Non-PLB (Ad-hoc bonus) for the accounting year 2013-14 to the eligible Central Government employees not covered by the Productivity Linked Bonus Schemes, subject to terms and conditions laid down therein.
2. The undersigned is directed to say that it has now been decided that the Non-PLB (Ad-hoc) bonus so admissible subject to the terms and conditions laid down in the aforesaid orders, may be extended to the employees of autonomous bodies, partly or fully funded by the Central Government which
(i) follow the pattern of pay structure and emoluments identical to that of the Central Government and (ii) do not have any bonus or ex-gratia or incentive scheme in operation.
3. In case of doubt as to the operation of these orders the clarificatory orders, circulated vide this Ministry’s O.M. No.14(10)E-Coord/88 dated 4.10.88, as amended from time to time, may be kept in view, mutatis mutandis.
4. Any request for funding by the Government to meet the liability on account of Non-PLB (Ad-hoc bonus) in respect of various autonomous organizations would not be considered by the administrative Ministries concerned, as the expenditure on Non-PLB (Ad-hoc bonus) should be met from within the existing budgetary provisions of the respective organizations. While the Autonomous Bodies not funded by the Central Government may also adopt these orders as per their own administrative and financial judgment in respect of their employees, no liability for funding will, in any case, lie on the Central Government on this account.
(Amar Nath Singh)
Deputy Secretary to the Govt. of India