Will Central Government Employees get 17 percent DA in the salary of September 2019 ?
Central government is likely to approve a hike in dearness allowance (DA) to 17 per cent from the existing 12 per cent, benefiting around 30 lakh Centre’s employees and its 50 lakh pensioners including dependents.
“The five per cent DA raise has been confirmed with the release of June 2019 All India Consumer Price Index (AICPI). The AICPI for June 2019 is 316, which is two points more that May 2019 AICPI,” an official said.
He said the Finance Ministry will now put a Cabinet proposal for approval of 5 per cent DA hike from July 1 this year as the revised Consumer Price Index-Industrial Workers data for June was released by Labour Ministry on July 31.
With increase in DA, the pensioners will also gain as the benefit provided to them as dearness relief will be hiked to 17 per cent of basic pension.
The government had increased DA to 12 per cent from 9 per cent with effect from January 1, 2019, on February 27 on the basis of agreed formula for revision of the Dearness allowance.
The five per cent hike in DA would be the biggest since the implementation of the 7th pay commission recommendations in 2016.
The DA announcement may come this month and the government may not delay the DA announcement for the festival season beginning with Dussehra.
The central government employees will get 17 percent DA in the salary of September 2019.
Related to Your Search:
- Railway Unions demand 3% DA hike
- Central Government Employees: Cabinet may approve 6% dearness allowance (DA) hike next week
- Central Government to hike DA by 10%; benefit 80 lakh employees and pensioners
- Eligible DA from July 2015 is 119% – All India Consumer Price Index for June 2015 released
- Expected DA : Cabinet Committee may approve in this week
- 7th Pay Commission: Achhe Din for government employees, Centre likely to hike Dearness Allowance by 2 per cent before Dussehra
- Expected DA: Cabinet may approve 10% DA hike in September 2013
- Central Government likely to approve 7% additional DA
- 6th Pay Commission Dearness Allowance ends with 6% hike at 125%