LEAVE ENCASHMENT ON SUSPENSION / DISMISSAL / REMOVAL
Whether leave encashment can be sanctioned to a Govt servant on his superannuation while under suspension?
Leave encashment may be allowed in such cases. However, Rule 39(3) of CCS (Leave) Rules, 1972 allows withholding of leave encashment in the case of a Govt. servant who retires from service on attaining the age of superannuation while under suspension or while disciplinary or criminal proceedings are pending against him, if in view of the authority there is a possibility of some money becoming recoverable from him on conclusion of the proceedings against him. On conclusion of the proceedings he/she will become eligible to the amount so withheld after adjustment of Government dues, if any.
Whether leave encashment can be sanctioned to a Govt.servant on his dismissal/removal, from service?
A government servant, who is dismissed / removed from service, ceases to have any claim to leave at his credit from the date of such dismissal, as per rule 9(1). Hence he is not entitled to any leave encashment.
INTEREST ON LEAVE ENCASHMENT
Whether interest is payable on delayed payment of leave encashment dues?
No. There is no provision in the CCS (Leave) Rules 1972 for payment of interest on leave encashment.
Related to Your Search:
- Leave Encashment on Suspension/Dismissal/Removal – Dopt Clarification Orders
- Whether interest is payable on delayed payment of leave encashment dues?
- Timely payment of dues of encashment of leave to Government servants retiring on attaining the age of superannuation — need to obviate delays in payment of such dues
- Minister explained in Parliament to a question regarding suspension under Rule 10 of CCS (CCA) Rules, 1965
- ENCASHMENT OF EARNED LEAVE ON JOINING CENTRAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES FROM PSUS & VICE VERSA
- Encashment of Earned Leave on joining Central Government from PSUs – Dopt orders
- FAQ on Pension Policy (Central Civil Services)
- RULE 39 CCS LEAVE RULES 1972 – LEAVE ENCASHMENT FOR CENTRAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES
- Railway Board Order: Rule 5 of Railway Servants (Discipline and appeal) Rules, 1968 – Instructions regarding timely review of suspension