Treatment of Covid-19 Medical Bills Reimbursement | Claiming of Medical Bills for symptomatic ECHS Beneficiaries who are RT PCR/RAT negative
COVID-19 treatment will be done in either empanelled or non-empaneled clinics, and the costs will be reimbursed according to the state government’s informed prices.
Central Organisation ECHS
Adjutant General’s Branch
Ministry of Defence (Army)
(All Regional Centres)
06 May 2021
CLAIMING OF MEDICAL BILLS FOR SYMPTOMATIC ECHS BENEFICIARIES WHO ARE RT PCR/ RAT NEGATIVE
1. RT PCR is the Gold standard and investigation of choice for diagnosing COVID-19 in patients showing various symptoms of the infection. However, due to the mutant strains of the virus, technical errors and low viral load certain patients are found to possess symptoms but are RT PCR negative. In such patients CT Scan is required to determine the severity and spread of infection, so as to facilitate early detection and treatment as also to prevent them from being super spreaders.
2. While RTPCR helps in the diagnosis, CT Chest helps to determine stage and the severity of disease, especially in symptomatic patients. CT Score given for COVID-19 patients helps the clinicians initiate treatment. This score helps the clinicians decide if the patient can be in home quarantine or needs hospital admission.
3. It has therefore been decided that in symptomatic patients who are RTPCR/RAT a Negative, if the treatment is carried out in empanelled or non empanelled hospitals for COVID-19 based on the report of CT scan, the charges will be reimbursed as per State Govt notified rates for treatment of COVID-19.
4. This is for dissemination to PCs under your AOR.
(Anupam N Adhaulia)
For MD ECHS
Related to Your Search:
- Covid-19 Medical Emergency Advice to ECHS Beneficiaries, Especially During Non-Working Hours and Holidays: Advisory
- Package of Home Isolation Services- Covid-19: ECHS
- Reimbursement of one pulse oximeter per family allowed under ECHS to fight COVID-19
- ECHS Clarification: Reimbursement of Med Claim for Emergency Treatment in Non-Empanelled Hospital
- Prescribed maximum per day package rates for Covid related treatment in private hospitals in NCT of Delhi
- ECHS Order: Guidelines on Oncology Treatment – Rates for Cancer Surgery for empanelled Hospital
- Plasma treatment for COVID-19 affected Railwaymen – Need for creation of Plasma Donors Bank exclusively for Railwaymen
- CGHS rates for COVID-19 treatment at private healthcare organizations empanelled under CGHS
- ECHS: PRIOR SANCTION FOR TREATMENT IN NON EMP HOSPITAL