F. No.39028/02/2016 – Estt(B)
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel and Training
North Block, New Delhi,
Dated 20th April 2020
Subject: Inclusion of “Third Gender/any Other Category” in the application forms in recruitment to various posts under the Central Government – reg.
The undersigned is directed to say that “The Transgender Persons (Protection of Rights) Bill, 2019” was passed by both Houses of the Parliament and received the assent of the President on 05.12.2019. This Act (No. 40 of 2019) has been notified in the Gazette of India on 05.12.2019.
2. The matter regarding Inclusion of “Third Gender/any Other Category” in the application forms in recruitment to various posts under the Central Government, was under consideration of the Government for quite some time. Based on the provisions of the aforesaid Act and the legal opinion obtained on the subject, Civil Services Examination Rules, 2020 have been notified on 05.02.2020, providing for inclusion of ‘Transgender’ as a separate category of gender for the said exam.
3. All Ministries / Departments of Government of India are requested to modify the relevant examination rules providing for inclusion of ‘Transgender’ as a separate category of gender, so as to make the said Rules in conformity with the provisions of The Transgender Persons (Protection of Rights) Bill, 2019.
Under Secretary to the Government of India)
Tel No.: 2309 3175
Related to Your Search:
- Inclusion of “Third Gender” as a category in the forms for the purpose of admission to educational institutions and other related records —reg.
- Total subscribers that contribute throughout the month – NPS – NATIONAL PENSION SYSTEM
- 40% concession in passenger fare to Transgender Senior Citizens whose age are 60 and above
- DoPT Orders 2019 – Exemption from payment of examination fee and application fee in respect of Persons with Benchmark Disabilities
- Atal Pension Yojana (APY) is the guaranteed Pension Scheme of Government of India administered by PFRDA
- Revised Forms for Disability Certificates – Reservation for Persons with Disabilities
- Reservation for Persons with Disabilities in Postal Department – Amendment in Rules
- STAFF SELECTION COMMISSION GD Constable Recruitment Online Application 2018
- Uniform Age concession of 10 years to the Persons with Disabilities for direct recruitment to civil posts/services under the Central Government – Dopt Orders