Swachh Bharat Mission-RWAs
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, PG & Pensions
Department of Personnel and Training
Lok Nayak Shawan, Khan Market
New Delhi, dated 13th February, 2015
All Central Government Employees
Resident Welfare Associations
(as per list enclosed)
Subject: Swachh Bharat Mission-RWAs
An appeal was made to all RWAs alongwith AWOs to join together toward achieving the Mission of Swachh Bharat through letter No.10/1/2014-Dir(C) dated 29.9.2014. It is once again reiterated that Resident Welfare Association (RWA) along with Area Welfare Officers(AWO) have been playing very vital role in promoting Social, Cultural and other Welfare Activities of the residents. They also actively coordinate with a various civic authorities to provide civic amenities and services.
2. All RWAs and AWOs were requested to launch cleanliness drive through various programmes like voluntary participation of residents in cleaning (Shramdaan), ensuring disposal of garbage, awareness programmes etc. It is pertinent to point out that in accordance with existing instructions recognized RWAs frame Annual Action Plan for various activities. The achievement with reference to Annual Action Plan is required to be indicated by RWAs while applying for grants-in-aid. RWAs are requested to include cleanliness drive as one of the important targets in their Annual Action Plan and periodically inform DOPT about their achievements on this aspect. RWAs and AWOs are requested to carry out cleanliness drives voluntarily and also in association/coordination with respective civic authorities.
3. All these activities would go long way to make city clean. Let all Resident Welfare Associations and Area Welfare Officers join together towards achieving the Mission of Swachh Bharat.
All Area Welfare Officers (as per list enclosed)
Dir(Adm) w.r.t. letter No. 1-28011/101./2014-Coord dated. 27.01.2015.
Related to Your Search:
- Swachh Bharat Pakhwada (May 16-31, 2016) Action Plan for Pensioners’ Associations
- Indian Railway: Swachh Bharat Mission- Annual Action Plan
- Railway takes steps under “swachh rail swachh bharat mission”
- Five Year Action Plan on “Swachh Bharat Mission”
- Nomination of Area Welfare Officers (AWOs) for the calendar years 2019 and 2020
- Review of Model constitution and Rule and Regulations for the Residents Welfare Associations recognised by the government of India, Department of Personnel and Training
- Nomination of Area Welfare Officers for the calendar years 2013 and 2014 for Delhi / New Delhi and Outside Delhi
- Ministry of Defence decided to start a nationwide cleanliness mission called “Clean Cantonments” from 25 Sept 2014
- Dopt Orders 2013 : Nomination of Area Welfare Officers for the calendar years 2013 and 2014 for Delhi / New Delhi