Guidelines for posting of Dy. CSOs in HQ and Sr. DSOs in Division – Railway Board
Government of India
Ministry of Railways
No. 2017/Safety (DM) 19/1
New Delhi, Dated: 20.09.2017
All Zonal Railways.
Sub: Strengthening of Safety Organization at Zonal and Divisional Level.
Ref: RB Letter of even no. dated 28.03.2017.
Board issued comprehensive guidelines for posting of Officials in Safety Organisation vide letter under reference. Based on the feedback received from Zonal Railways, it is felt that there is a need to streamline the process of posting officials and strengthen the safety organisation. The following procedure needs to be adopted for posting of Officers in division and HQs.
i. Posting of Dy. CSOs in headquarters.
a) CSO shall be assisted by four Deputy HOD rank officers.
b) Posting of Dy. CSOs in Headquarters shall be done with the approval of PED (Safety).
c) While submitting the proposal to Board for consideration, CSOs, should ensure that the officer is chosen carefully in consultation with the PHOD concerned and with the approval of General Manager.
d) Officer recommended should have a good record of service (very good and above) with minimum 3 years in open line working of that department. Names of at least 2 or 3 suitable officers should be recommended along with their confidential reports for last five years and vigilance clearance.
e) Tenure of the officers should be 3 years from the date of posting. In case it has to be extended beyond 3 years, PED/Safety’s prior approval shall be obtained.
ii. Posting of Sr. DSOs in the Division.
a) General Manager shall decide the Department wise distribution of Sr.DSOs in such a way that not more than 2 officers (excluding the post of CSO) from each of the 5 disciplines may be normally be posted as Dy. CSOs/SrDSOs (i.e. both the Headquarters and Divisional posts taken together) on a particular Zonal Railway.
b) Officer recommended shall have good record of service (very good and above) with minimum 3 years in Open line working of that department and should be free from vigilance cases.
c) Concerned departmental PHOD shall recommend names of two or three officers to be posted as Sr.DSO, Personnel Department should process the posting through CSO along with their confidential reports for last five years and vigilance clearance.
d) CSO will recommend one officer for consideration of General Manager.
e) Tenure of Sr.DSO should be three years from their date of posting. In casetenure has to be extended beyond three years, prior consent of CSO and approval of General Manager needs to be obtained.
On need basis, Zonal Railways shall review the present incumbents and replace them suitably. These guidelines are issued with the approval of the Board (MT and CRB).
Copy to: Chief Safety Officers, All Zonal Railways for information please.
Related to Your Search:
- General Managers of Zonal Railways and Production Units, can retain their railway accommodations in their previous location
- RAILWAY BOARD: Hiring of ex-Army personnel to work as AC Coach Attendants
- IRRT – Comprehensive Transfer Policy eligibility service condition for Non-Gazetted Employees on Inter-Railway Request Transfer
- Award to Railway Staff for Accident Free Service
- 7th CPC Revision of the rates of Railway Board Tenure Allowance to the Officers of Organized Group A Railway Services
- Railway Board Orders Extension of PME and Refresher Course for Safety Category Employees
- Draft Transfer Policy for Railway’s Officers issued by Railway Board for comments/suggestions
- Appointment and posting of General Managers, Members and Chairman in the Railway Board
- Retention of railway accommodation by railway officers/staff on their deputation to railway PSUs