Stagnation increment(s) in the Pre-revised Pay Scales – Application of first proviso to Rule 10 of CCS(RP) Rules, 2008
Central Civil Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2008 – application of the first proviso to Rule 10 in case of those who had been granted stagnation increment(s) in the pre-revised pay scales: FinMin Clarification –
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
North Block, New Delhi-110 011
Dated the 4th July, 2014.
Subject: Central Civil Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2008 – application of the first proviso to Rule 10 in case of those who had been granted stagnation increment(s) in the pre-revised pay scales
The undersigned is directed to invite a reference to the first proviso to Rule 10 of the CCS (RP) Rules, 2008, which provides that in the case of persons who had been drawing at the maximum of the existing scale for more than a year as on the 1st day of January, 2006, the next increment in the revised pay structure shall be allowed on the 1 st day of January, 2006.
2. Attention is also invited to the Clarification No.5 contained in this Ministry’s OM No.1/1/2008-IC dated 29.1.2009, clarifying that in all cases where a Government Servant has been granted an increment (whether normal annual increment or stagnation increment) after January, 2005, no increment will be allowed on 1.1.2006 at the time of fixation of pay in the revised pay structure.
3. It has now been brought to the notice of this Ministry that the pay of those employees who had reached the maximum of their pre-revised pay scale and had also been granted stagnation increment(s) prior to 1.1.2006 in the applicable pre-revised pay scales, came to be fixed at a lower stage vis-à-vis the employees who had drawn pay at the maximum of the same pre-revised pay for a period of more than one year as on 1.1.2006 and had been allowed one increment in the revised pay scale as on 1.1.2006 as per the first proviso to Rule 10 of the CCS (Revised Pay) Rules, 2008.
4. The matter has been considered and the President is pleased to decide that, in partial modification of this Ministry’s aforesaid OM No.1/1/2008-IC dated 29.1.2009, the increment on 1st January, 2006, as envisaged under the first proviso to Rule 10 of the CCS(RP) Rules, 2008, shall be allowed to those employees also who had reached the maximum of the applicable pre-revised pay scale more than one year before 1.1.2006 and were in receipt of stagnation increment(s) in the applicable pre-revised pay scale as admissible in terms of the orders in vogue prior to 1.1.2006, provided their pay in the revised pay structure was fixed on 1.1.2006 with reference to the same pre-revised pay scale exactly as per the Fitment Table prescribed in this Ministry’s OM No.1/1/2008-IC dated 30th August, 2008.
5. In so far as persons serving in the Indian Audit and Accounts Department are concerned, these orders issue after consultation with the Comptroller and Auditor General of India.
6. Hindi version of this Office Memorandum is attached
(Amar Nath Singh)
Deputy Secretary to the Government of India
Related to Your Search:
- Rule 10 CCS(RP) Rules, 2008 – revised pay scale and one increment may be granted on 01.01.2006, and the next increment on 01.07.2006
- Clarification on Stagnation Increment in 7th CPC – Finmin on 7.10.2016
- Adoption of revision of pay of employees stagnating at the maximum of the Pay Band/Scale in pre revised structure under 7th CPC pay structure
- 3rd Pay Revision CPSE: Increment, Bunching of Pay, Dearness Allowance in Revised Pay Structure
- Clarification in pre-revised pay structure on the grant of one increment – Finance Ministry
- Railway Board clarification order on granting of one increment in pre-revised pay scale to Railway employees
- Date of next increment- Rule 10 of CCS (RP) Rules, 2016
- Fixation of Pay on MACP as per CCS(RP) rules 2016 in 7th CPC Scales- 3 Options with Illustrations
- Finmin Order 2013 : Re-exercise of option under Rule 6 of the CSS (RP) Rules, 2008, in case of employees covered under the OM dated 19.3.2012