Shortage of manpower in Central Government offices
The number of sanctioned posts and number in position in various Ministries/Departments as available in the Annual Report on Pay and Allowances of Central Government Civilian Employees 2016-17 as on 1.3.2016, published by Pay Research Unit, Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance, is at Annexure ‘A’.
The posts sanctioned in Ministries/ Departments are required to be filled as per the Recruitment Rules as and when vacancies arise. A number of steps have been taken for streamlining the procedure for conducting meeting of Departmental Promotion Committee (DPC) for promotions which includes issue of model calendar for conduct of DPCs, the reckoning of APARs for consideration of promotion etc. Steps have also been taken for streamlining direct recruitment process by doing away with interviews for lower level posts, introduction of computer based examinations and simplification of pre-appointment procedures.
Related to Your Search:
- Model Calendar for the Departmental Promotion Committees – Dopt Orders
- Dopt Orders 2013 – Recruitment to Group ‘C’ posts in Pay Band-I, with Grade Pay of Rs.1800/- (pre-revised Group `D’ posts)
- Central Government paves way for employees timely promotions
- Number of Posts Sanctioned, Filled and Vacant of Regular Civilian Employees in Central Government
- Review of Model Recruitment Rules for the Storekeeping staff category of posts
- Income Tax Officers are not too happy with new promotion rule
- Vacant Posts in Central Government for different Categories
- Model Recruitment Rules for the Staff Car Driver category of posts —review regarding.
- Review of Model RRs for the Store Keeping staff category of posts