Separate Reservation Counters for Women and Physically Challenged
Separate reservation counters are earmarked for ladies, senior citizens, former Members of Parliament, Members of Legislative Assembly, physically handicapped, accredited journalists, freedom fighters, if the ticket demand per shift is not less than 120 tickets. In case, there is no justification for earmarking of exclusive counter for any of these categories of persons including ladies/physically challenged persons, one or two counters depending upon total demands are earmarked for dealing with the reservation requests of all these categories of persons.
Instructions are also there that at those reservation offices which have not been computerized and where separate counters are not in existence for ladies, female passengers should not be compelled to join the general queues and be attended to separately at the same counter as for general passengers.
This information was given by the Minister of State for Railways Shri Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury in written reply to a question in Rajya Sabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- Separate counters to women passengers for buying train tickets
- Reservation Facilities Provided to Senior Citizen and Female Passengers Including Pregnant Women
- NFIR – Earmarking of reservation quota for women
- FACILITIES EXTENDED TO HANDICAPPED PERSONS IN RESPECT OF RESERVATION IN TRAINS
- Categories of Reservation Quotas in Indian Railways
- Railway Reservation for Physically Challenged made easier
- Railways – 50 Percent Concession for Male senior citizens and 40 Percent Concession for Lady senior citizens
- Enhancement of Combined Reservation Quota of lower berths for Senior Citizens and Female Passengers
- Reduction of Defence – Tatkal – Female and Senior Citizens quotas in trains