‘Rounding off’ instructions given by Ministry of Finance as per 6th CPC
Once again the ’rounding off’ issue has been raised in some defence accounts departments…
CGDA clearly said that the instructions issued by Ministry of Finance vide their office memorandum dated 29th Jan 2009 to round off any amount of a rupee or more to the next multiple of ten is to be implemented only for calculation of Increment under revised pay structure granted on or after 1.7.2009.
“The increment is an increase in pay for each year in a particular date. As per 6th CPC the annual increment has been granted on 1st July of every year and the qualifying period for earning an increment is six months on 1st July. One increment is equal to 3% (three per cent) of the sum of the pay in the pay band and the grade pay will be computed and rounded off to the next multiple of ten.
As per the Rule No.13 of CCS(Revised Pay) Rules 2008, “In the case of calculation of increments under the revised pay structure, paise should be ignored, but any amount of a rupee or more should be rounded off to next multiple of 10. To illustrate, if the amount of increment comes to Rs.1900.70 paise, then the amount will be rounded off to Rs.1900; if the amount of increment works out to be Rs.1901, then it will be rounded off to Rs.1910.”
Related to Your Search:
- How to calculate increment as per 6th CPC?
- 6th CPC INTRODUCED NEW METHOD OF CALCULATION FOR INCREMENTS
- 6th CPC INTRODUCES NEW METHOD OF CALCULATION FOR INCREMENTS
- Rounding off the amount of Increment to next multiple of 10
- Yearly Increment for Central Government Employees from July 2015, Will the 7th CPC continue the same formula?
- Increment Day for Central Government employees – 1st July of every year
- Rule 10 CCS(RP) Rules, 2008 – revised pay scale and one increment may be granted on 01.01.2006, and the next increment on 01.07.2006
- What says FR & SR Rules regarding increment..!
- Re-Fixation of Pay in terms of CCS (RP) Rules, 2008 – Date of next increment in revised Pay Structure under Rule 10 of the CCS (RP) Rules – 2008