Revision of salaries and allowances of the employees of LIC
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
UNSTARRED QUESTION NO: 1862
ANSWERED ON: 29.12.2017
Revision of Pension by LIC
Will the Minister of FINANCE be pleased to state:-
(a) whether the salaries and allowances of the employees of the Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) are revised periodically;
(b) if so, the details thereof and if not, the reasons therefor;
(c) whether the pension of the pensioners of LIC are also revised periodically accordingly and periodically as that of the Central Government employees;
(d) if so, the details thereof and if not, the reasons therefor; and
(e) the steps/measures being taken by the Government to revise the pension of the LIC pensioners as and when the salaries of the serving employees of LIC are revised?
Minister of State in the Ministry of Finance
(a) to (e): Revision of scales of pay of the employees of Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) is carried out periodically i.e. every five years. Pension of the pensioners of LIC has two components – Basic Pension and Dearness Relief. Dearness Relief gets revised every six months.
Related to Your Search:
- Abolish the system of formation of Pay Commission in future?
- Government is planning to abolish the system of formation of Pay Commission in future? Lok Sabha
- Whether the Government proposes to provide the pensioners of Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO)
- Representation of Bank and Insurance Employees
- Dearness Allowance and Dearness Relief Under 7th Pay Commission
- Revision of Pension and grant of Dearness Relief to the pensioners of Statutory/Autonomous Bodies
- Details of existing pension rates of Contributory Provident Fund (CPF) pensioners
- No Stoppage of Disbursement of Pension due to Non-Linking of Aadhaar
- Who are not Applicable to Dearness Relief on the pension – CPAO