Review of payment function of Group Insurance of All India Services through E-payment.
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
North Block, New Delhi – 110001
All the Chief Secretaries of State/UT Government,
Subject: Review of payment function of Group Insurance of All India Services through E-payment.
I am directed to refer to this Department’s letter No. 11024/1/99-A1S-II dated 9/10th March, 2005 regarding simplification of procedure for payment of insurance/saving funds to the members of All India Service on their retirement/death. Now the simplified procedure calls for the State Governments to either make the payment of insurance/saving fund to the members of the All India Services and get the amount reimbursed from the Central Ministries controlling the respective All India Services for such payment or forward the claim of the retiring, officers to the Central Government for payment.
2. Accordingly, the Central Ministries Controlling the respective All India Services are making payment to the member of service on his retirement/death after due verification of the bill with data of remittances maintained by their PAOs. However, of late, it has been observed that the State Government are sending bills for an amount exceeding of 25,000/- to be paid to the member of service against claim(s) like Group Insurance. etc. inviting avoidable remarks or returning of the bills from the Controller General of Accounts, as the same being in violation of their extant guidelines in this regard.
3. The Controller of General of Accounts, Department of Expenditure vide their O.M. No. C11021/45/CGA/CVO/Mise/1133 dated 26/8/2015 (copy enclosed) has reviewed the payment functions. They have recently returned bills towards Group Insurance contribution of certain members of service emphasizing for strict compliance of its guidelines that no cheques are to be issued for an amount exceeding of 25,000/- towards any claim by the member of service. Therefore, such bills should be forwarded to the Central Ministries Controlling the respective All India Services alongwith requisite Bank details for making E-payment directly into the beneficiary account.
4. The State Governments are requested to furnish the following details of the beneficiary bank account on separate sheet along-with their claim:
(i) Name of the beneficiary
(ii) Bank and its Branch
(iii) Account No.
(iv) IFSC Code
(v) MICR Code
5. It is also to state that as and when the account is credited with the remittance of savings of Group Insurance, the same may immediately be acknowledged to the Drawing & Disbursing Officer (DDO) of the respective Central Ministries, controlling the cadre of All India Service.
Under Secretary to the Government f India
End: As above.
Related to Your Search:
- Review of payment of Group Insurance of All India Services on E-payment.
- Approval of Group Term Insurance Plan issued by M/s Shriram Life Insurance Company Limited for issuance in lieu of the Employees’ Deposit Linked Insurance Scheme, 1976
- KVS Orders – Mediclaim facilities/Health Insurance Scheme to the Group of employees of KVS
- EPF members now required to submit self-declaration for advance in case of illness of members/ dependents
- EPFO settles 104.38 lakh claims in the current fiscal CBT, EPF recommended 8.8% rate of interest for the year 2015-16
- EPFO introduces a new facility for its members to link their respective UAN with Aadhaar online
- Constitution of a Committee for Cadre Restructuring of the Central Secretariat Service (CSS).
- Simplification of procedure for payment of Central Government Employees Group Insurance Scheme (CGEGIS) dues
- Counting of past service for admissibility in old pension scheme, new pension scheme, pay protection and leave accumulation to All India Services officers