Delay in the processing of a pension case, immediate action must be made to ensure that all retirement dues are paid on time to the retiring government employee.
O/o The Principal Controller of Defence Accounts (Pension), Draupadighat, Allahabad – 211014
Call Centre No. (Toll free)-1800-180-5325 (Timing-9:30 AM to 6:00 PM)
Circular No. C-216 No.G1/C/ 0199/Vol-II/Tech
(All Head of Department under Min. of Defence)
Sub:- Timely payment of retirement benefits to the retiring employees.
A copy of GOI, DP&PW OM No. 3(6)/2021- P&PW (H)-7083, dated 09.03.2021 which is self-explanatory is enclosed for guidance and necessary action.
In order to ensure timely payment of retirement dues in all cases, it has been decided that the progress of the pension cases should be regularly monitored by the Heads of the organizations and the Heads of Departments. An effective monitoring mechanism is required to be established in every office/ Department to review the progress of the processing of the pension cases. Farewell programs are often organized in the offices on the occasion of the retirement of employees. In every farewell function, Heads of organizations/ Departments/ offices may review the progress of pension cases of all the employees of that organization/ Department/ office, who are due for retirement in the next six months. Wherever the processing of any pension case is found to be behind schedule, proactive action must be taken to ensure that all retirement dues are paid on time to the retiring Government servant.
A half-yearly statement may be submitted by each Department/ organization/ office to the secretary of the administrative Ministry/ Department indicating the particulars of the Government servants in whose case the issue of PPO was delayed by more than two months after retirement on superannuation. The statement may also contain the reasons for the delay in issuing the PPO and remedial action taken to avoid such delays in the future.
In view of the foregoing, you are requested to issue suitable instructions (alongwith copy of this circular) to all the Head of Offices under your administrative control to ensure the compliance of above provisions.
(Dr. D. L. Meena)
Jt. CDA (P)
Related to Your Search:
- Payment of retirement benefits to the retired employers on time DoPPW
- KVS Timely payment of retirement benefits to the retiring employees – KVS retirement benefits
- Mandatorily process all pension cases online: Government to departments
- Pay and accounts Offices of ministries / departments manage pension cases in a timely manner
- Processing of Pension cases mandatorily through Bhavishya (Online Pension Sanction & Payment Tracking System) w.e.f 01/01/2017
- KVS instructions on Timely payment of Retirement and Death benefits
- CPAO: Simplification of pension procedure submission of undertaking by retiring Government servant
- Timely payment of dues of encashment of leave to Government servants retiring on attaining the age of superannuation — need to obviate delays in payment of such dues
- Officers to face action for delay in GPF payments to retiring employees