Promotion benefits can get after retirement for Central Government Employees
Retired Govt Employees Can Now Avail Benefits Of Missed Promotions
Retired government employees who missed out on their promotions due to late meetings of the committees deciding on such departmental elevations will now be able to avail its post-retirement benefits.
“Instructions have been issued to all ministries and departments to give benefit of promotion to those employees who missed it due to late meeting of Departmental Promotion Committee (DPC),” an official in the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) said.
It would not be in order if eligible employees, who were within the zone of consideration for the relevant year but are not actually in service when the DPC is being held, are not considered while preparing year-wise zone of consideration or panel, as per the DoPT order.
Consequently, their juniors are considered (in their place) for promotions, who would not have been in the zone of consideration if the DPC had been held in time, it said.
“Appointment Committee of Cabinet has observed that DPCs often do not consider such eligible officers who are retiring before the occurrence of the vacancy in the panel year,” the order said, adding that this “undesirable trend negate the very purpose” of government’s existing instructions for inclusion of such employees.
There have been reports that some of the eligible retired employees are not being given the benefit of promotion which they missed due to late DPCs. In fact the DPCs were being held very late, the official said.
The DoPT has asked all central government ministries and departments under it to ensure “strict compliance” of its instructions to include retiring employees for promotions in case the DPCs are delayed.
Such retired officials would, however, have no justify for actual promotion, the DoPT official said.
Related to Your Search:
- Inclusion of eligible officers who are due to retire before the likely date of vacancies, in the panel for promotion
- Central Government paves way for employees timely promotions
- Retired officials have no right for promotion
- Zone of Consideration for inclusion in Select List of Section Officers’ Grade of CSS for the years 2009/2010/2011 against Seniority Quota-Regarding.
- Procedure to be followed for promotion by Departmental Promotion Committee to implement Cadre Restructuring of General Line Cadre Posts.
- Reservation in promotion
- No benchmark grades shall be listed below in ACRs for the period before 2008-09 – DoPT Order
- Questions on New System for Promotion – Loksabha Q & A
- Zone of consideration for inclusion in Select List of Section Officer Grade of CSS for the year 2012 against Seniority Quota- regarding