Restoration of 10 days EL along with 20 days HPL for KV Teachers
Restoration of 10 days Earned Leave along with 20 days Half Pay Leave for KV Teachers : The main issue was pointed out by the AIKVTA in the JCM meeting as “GOI has restored the provision of 20 days Half Pay Leave (P.A) for teachers (Who are vocational staff) as per recommendations of 6th CPC. However, simultaneously the earlier provision of 10 days Earned Leave p.a. has been withdrawn. This has terminated a facility granted to teachers after long struggle, 10 days Earned Leave should be granted to KV teachers alongwith 20 days HPL as per recommendations of 6th CPC or at least it should be restored as was earlier to 6th CPC.
Comment of KVS : KVS is an autonomous organisation under Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India, the Government of India and the Govt. of India Rules as framed time to time through various Pay Commissions etc. These rules are extendable to its employees mutatis-mutandis.
The present order is based on GOI circular No.13013/2/2008-Estt.(L) dated 11th November, 2008 issued on the recommendations of 6th CPC. Hence, restoration of 10 days EL alongwith 20 days HPL p.a. for teachers is not feasible as per CCS (Leave) Rules.
Decision/Recommendation : The order is issued based on recommendations of 6th Pay Commission; hence the demand for restoration of 10 days Earned Leave in addition to 20 days HPL was not accepted.
Related to Your Search:
- 7th CPC Recommendations on Encashment and Accumulation of Earned Leave
- Whether encashment of leave is permitted after LTC is benefited for Central Govt Employees?
- Encashment of earned leave alongwith LTC – Clarification issued by Dopt
- Dopt issued orders regarding the Leave Encashment alognwith LTC
- 7th Pay Commission Report on Leave Encashment of EL
- What is the most extreme time of leave granted to a Central Government Employee?
- ENTITLEMENT OF LEAVE FOR REGULAR POSTAL EMPLOYEES
- Extension of the revised orders on encashment of Earned Leave and Half Pay Leave to industrial employees
- Clarification sought by Audit on encashment of sick leave