DoPT Reservations in promotion
F. No. 25/1 1/2022-CS.II(B)
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Personnel and Training
3rd Floor, Lok Nayak Bhawan,
Khan Market, New Delhi-110003
Dated: 6th May, 2022
Subject: Confirmation of inadequacy of representation of SC and ST in consonance with O.M. No. 3601 2/16/2019-Estt.(Res.) dated 12.04.2022 – reg.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Department’s O.M. No. 13/1/2017-CS.II(B) Vo.II dated 21.01.2019 and O.M. No. 12/2/2019-CS.II(B) dated 12.02.2019 vide which the cadre units were requested to provide vacancies for LD Grade LDCE, 2017 and UD Grade LDCE, 2016 and 2017(copies enclosed)
2. Recently, this Department has issued an O.M. No. 36012/16/2019-Estt.(Res.) dated 12.04.2022 (copy enclosed) with regard to procedure to be followed prior to effecting reservation in promotions. Para 2 of the OM dated |[2.04.2022 has drawn reference to the conditions set out by the Hon’ble Supreme Court in its Judgement dated 28.01.2022, which have to be satisfied by the Government for the purpose of implementing the policy of reservation in promotions. These conditions are: –
- i. Collection of quantifiable data regarding inadequacy of representation of SCs and STs;
- ii. Application of this data to each cadre (Grade) separately; and
- iii. If a roster exists, the unit for operation of the roster would be the cadre for which the quantifiable data have to be collected and applied in regard to filling up of the vacancies in the roster.
3. In view of the above guidelines on reservations in promotion, the Cadre Units of CSCS [Annexure-I] are requested to confirm to this Division whether the information provided in response to the above mentioned O.Ms. dated 21.01.2019 and 12.02.2019 is in conformity with O.M. No. 36012/16/2019-Estt.(Res.) dated 12.04.2022 through email (chowdhury.rl3[at]nic.in) latest by 13.05.2022. The cadre units, who have forwarded NIL vacancy, are also requested to submit the information/confirmation in conformity with the latest reservation guidelines, by 13.05.2022.
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India