Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Reservation to OBCs
Posted On: 07 FEB 2018 1:15PM by PIB Delhi
No centralized data regarding number of candidates belonging to the Other Backward Castes stated to have been deprived of reservation benefit for appointment to posts under Central Government due to their coming under creamy layer is maintained. There is no reservation in promotion for Other Backward Classes.
At present, there is no proposal under consideration to determine creamy layer for the candidates of general category. The 9 Judge Constitutional Bench of Supreme Court in the case of Indra Sawhney has inter-alia held that “a backward class cannot be determined only and exclusively with reference to economic criterion. It may be a consideration or basis along with and in addition to social backwardness, but it can never be the sole criterion”.
This was stated by the Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) of the Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER), MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Atomic Dr Jitendra Singh in a written reply to a question in the Lok Sabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- Reservation Policy : Revision of Income limit of Creamy Layer for OBCs
- Implementation of creamy layer criteria
- Income limit of ‘Creamy Layer’ increased to 6 lakh
- Creamy Layer review for SCs / STs and OBCs
- Government job aspirants may not have to give non-creamy layer proof
- Revision of income criteria to exclude socially advanced persons/sections (Creamy Layer) from the purview of reservation for Other Backward Classes (OBCs)
- Revision of income criteria to exclude socially advanced persons/sections (Creamy Layer) from the purview of reservation for OBCs (Other Backward Classes) reg – Dopt Orders 2013
- Income limit for Creamy Layer – Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment
- Revision of income criteria to exclude socially advanced persona / section (Creamy Layer) from the purview of reservation for Other Backward Classes (OBCs) in admissions to Central Educational Institutions