Representations regarding revision of pension of pre-2006 pensioner and issuance of mandatory e-authority by Pay & Accounts Officers: CPAO Order
Government of India
Central Pension Accounting Office
Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance
Trikoot-II, Bhikaji Cama Place
Subject:- Representations regarding revision of pension of pre-2006 pensioner in the light of P&PW OM No. 38137108-P&PW (A) dated 28th January, 2013 and issuance of mandatory e-authority by Pay & Accounts Officers.
Department of Pension & Pensioners Welfare vide their OM No.38/37/08-P&PW (A) dated- 28.01.2013 has ordered to step-up the pension of pre-2006 pensioners upto 50% of the sum of minimum of pay in the pay band and grade pay corresponding to the pre-revised pay scale from which the pensioner has retired, as arrived at with reference to the fitment tables annexed to the Mb() Finance, D/o Expenditure OM dated-30.08.2008. To facilitate payment of revised pension/family pension a revised concordance table Annexure of the pre-1996, pre-2006 and post 2006 has also been enclosed with the OM dated-28.01.2013. Accordingly, necessary change in e-revision, e-filling utility was made by NIC, CGA to issue e-revision authorities for pre-2006 pensioners vide this office OM No. CPAO/Tech/e-Revision/2013- 14/33 dated-09.05.2013 read with OM No. CPAO/Tech/6th CPC/2013-14/42 dated- 16.05.2013 and issuance of e-revision authority was made mandatory with some exceptions vide this office OM No. CPAO/Tech/e-revision/2013-14/74 dated-26.06.2013.
2. Consequent upon the implementation of issuance of e- authority as mandatory some CAs/ PAOs are raising questions on imperfection of revised e-revision, e-filling utility software. After thorough examination of the orders on the subject, issued by Ministry of Finance and Deptt. of Pensions & Pensioners Welfare, it is observed that some posts in different organizations like Rajya Sabha Secretariat, Deptt. of Space, ITBP, Delhi Police, Assistants belonging to Central Secretariat Service, Stenographers Grade C (PA) of Central Secretariat Stenographer Service etc. were upgraded in the pre-revised scale of posts and were replaced by pay-band with higher grade pay in new pay structure of 6th Pay Commission. But these upgradations were applicable only from 01.01.2006. Obviously, these are not applicable for the pensioners who retired on or before 31.12.2005. This position was clarified by DPPW vide OM No.38/37/08-P&PW dated-11.02.2009. Para 5 of the OM clearly states that the benefit of upgradation of posts subsequent to their retirement would not be admissible to pre- 2006 pensioners.
3. Taking into consideration the above facts, revised e-revision, e-filling utility software has been developed which is perfect one in all respect. Therefore, it is requested to go through the P&PW OM dated-28.01.2013 alongwith the concordance table attached with it and fitment tables annexed to Ministry of Finance, Deptt. of Expenditure (Implementation Cell) OM No.1/1/2008 IC dated-30.08.2008 carefully.
4. If e-utility software shows any discrepancy it is an indication of misfeeding of data, hence required special attention and consultancy of fitment tables as referred above. In this context, some PAOs might have allowed the benefits of upgradation of posts to pre-2006 pensioners also. Initially due to non-availability of 5th CPCs Pay Scales in the software the check which is being applied in the revised e–utility software could not be made -effective. Hence, it is advised to issue the e-authority in all the cases with some exceptions mentioned in this office OM CPAO/Tech/e-revision/2013/14/75 dated-26.06.2013.
5. Earlier, some manual authorities might have been issued in which the benefits of upgradation has been allowed to pre-2006 pensioners also. Hence, a system generated list of revision authorities PAO-wise have been prepared for the convenience of PAOs to sort out the relevant cases for review and issue amendments, if required.
Keeping in view the volume of papers, the list is being sent through e-mail to each Pr.CCA/CCAs/CAs separately. Pr.CCA/CCAs/CAs may further distribute the same among ‘.their respective PAOs for further necessary action.
6.. In case of any doubt the matter may be referred to Department of Pensions & Pensioners Welfare for further clarification.
This issues with the approval of competent authority.
Sr. Accounts Officer (Tech.)
Related to Your Search:
- Mandatory submission of e-revision authorities by the PAOs
- Pension Revision- Mandatory submission of e-revision authorities by the PAOs
- CPAO: Mandatory use of Digital Signature
- 7th CPC pension Revision: Pensioner Should Enclosed Aadhaar and PAN number With Out Delay
- Roll out of e-Revision utility of CPAO for 7th CPC revision of pension in all Delhi based PAOs
- 7th Central Pay Commission – Revision of pension of pre- 2016 Pensioners/ Family Pensioners, etc
- Submission of e-Revision Authorities through the e-Revision utility by the PAOs
- Pilot run of e-Revision Utility of CPAO for 7th Central Pay Commission Revision of Pension
- Revision of pension of pre-2006 as per Revised concordance table OM dated 28.01.2013: CPAO’s instruction to issue revision authority to all