Representation of OBCs in the Central Government Services
Press Information Bureau
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Strength of Employees
As per information received from 77 Ministries/Departments including their attached/subordinate offices, the representation of SCs, STs and OBCs in the posts and services under the Central Government as on 01.01.2016 is 17.49%, 8.47% and 21.57% respectively.
Representation of OBCs in the Central Government services is less as compared to the percentage of reservation for them because reservation of OBC started in September, 1993.
Department of Personnel & Training has issued instructions to all Ministries/Departments to constitute an in-house Committee to identify backlog reserved vacancies, study of the root cause of backlog reserved vacancies, initiation of measures to remove such factors and to fill up such vacancies through Special Recruitment Drive.
This information was provided by the Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Development of North-Eastern Region (DoNER), MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr Jitendra Singh in written reply to a question in Lok Sabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- Backlog reserved vacancies for SCs, STs and OBCs with ten Ministries and Departments
- Group wise representation of Other Backward Classes (OBC) in Central Government Services as on 1.1.2011
- Promotional penalties for violation of reservation
- Central Government Special Recruitment Drive for SCs/STs
- To fill up the backlog reserved vacancies of the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and OBCs: Review of the Special Recruitment Drive launched
- Vacancies in OBC category
- Vacant Posts in PSUs
- Central Government Departments / Ministries – Reservation Policy
- Reservation for Persons with Disabilities — Dopt Orders