Relaxation from payment of Service Charge in internet booking of Railway tickets through IRCTC
Ministry of Railways has decided that in order to help passengers and incentive’s the payment through credit/debit/cash cards instead of cash payment for booking of reserved tickets, Service Charge shall not be collected on booking of e-tickets/ i-tickets from 23rd November to 31st December, 2016.
Service Charge is Rs. 20 on sleeper/ 2nd Class and Rs. 40 on AC classes for booking through IRCTC.
Related to Your Search:
- IRCTC News : Service Charge on Booking of E-Tickets
- IRCTC Tatkal booking likely to get easier
- Tatkal Booking Timings Change – Online Booking Passengers Pleased
- IRCTC to launch new App for faster booking of tickets
- IRCTC E-Ticket Booking : Rolling Deposit Scheme (RDA) for quick booking through internet
- Maximum of 6 tickets can be booked by an individual user in a month – New restriction by IRCTC
- Procedure for OTP based Refund against cancelled or Waitlist (WL) ticket in IRCTC Train Ticket Booking
- Procedure Order for Implementing Service Tax Refunds on Passenger Fare Tickets Booked and Cancelled on or after 01.10.2012
- Defence Personnel will have better facility for collection of Train I-Tickets Booked on Defence Travel System