Recommendation of GDS Committee on rationalisation of working hours of Branch Post Offices
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg,
New Delhi-110 001
All Chief Postmasters General
Subject: Implementation of recommendation of GDS Committee on rationalisation of working hours of Branch Post Offices.
The undersigned is directed to refer to the recommendation at para 10.29 of GDS Committee report and this office O.M. No. 17-31/2016-GDS dated 25.06.2018 regarding implementation of recommendation of One Man Committee on wages and allowances of GDS:-
- As per Para 2.1 of Department of Post O.M. No. 17-31/2016-GDS dated 25.06.2018 the working hours of all GDS (BPM/ABPM) have been revised to 4 and 5 hours depending upon the TRCA slab. Hence, the working hours of all Branch Post Offices is to be revised to minimum 4 hours and maximum to 5 hours.
- Further, all GDS Branch Post Offices should remain open and conduct business for 4 Hours and 5 Hours, as per the TRCA slab of the BPM.
- All Heads of Circles are therefore requested to ensure that working hours of all the BOs have been revised suitably and send a compliance report to the Directorate on or before 30.08.2019.
Assistant Director General (GDS/PCC)
Related to Your Search:
- Revised eligibility criteria for engagement to Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) posts
- GDS: Implementation of recommendations of One-man committee on wages and allowances of Gramin Dak Sevaks
- Payment of revised waves Oct the outsider/substitute GDS who are working in short-term vacancies of regular GDS posts
- Applicability of new wage scale and drawal of arrears to GDS substitutes
- Cabinet approves Revision in the wage structure and allowances of Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) of the Department of Posts
- GDS Committee Report: Key Recommendations of Kamlesh Chandra Committee
- Grant of revised TRCA to the genuine substitutes of GDS from 01.07.2018 – DOP
- GDS Kamlesh Chandra Committee Recommendations will be implemented soon – Minister replied in Parliament on 27th December, 2017
- Payment of arrears to GDS – Implementation of recommendations of GDS Committee