Raise Income Tax Exemption Slab to Rs. 5 Lakhs: NC JCM Staff Side
A letter has been written to the Finance Minister presenting the demand to raise the income tax exemption slab.
Mr. Siva Gopal Mishra, the Secretary of the National Council JCM Staff Side, has sent a letter regarding income tax exemption. In the letter to the Finance Minister Arun Jaitley, it was suggested that the income tax limits be raised to Rs. 5 Lakhs for individuals, Rs. 7 Lakhs for senior citizens, and Rs. 10 Lakhs for super-senior citizens. A request has also been presented to exempt all the allowances from income tax. The letter refers to the recommendations made by the 5th Pay Commission in order to explain its demands.
The letter specially stresses for the exemption of Fixed Medical Allowance granted to pensioners, from the income tax calculations.
Related to Your Search:
- Central Government is planning to raise the Income Tax exemption slab to Rs. 5 Lakhs
- Budget 2018 – Will income tax limit raise to Rs 3 or 5 lakh?
- Benefit from the Income Tax sops announced by the Government..?
- Clarification to pensioners about the hike in exemption limit to Rs 3 Lakhs from Minister of State for Finance
- Budget 2019 : Income Tax exemption limit raised to Rs. 5 lakh
- Income Tax Exemption Limit Raised by Rs.50,000 – Does it meet the Central Government employees’ expectations?
- Government to examine Rs.5 lakh tax exemption proposal for pensioners
- Income tax exemption for gratuity increased from Rs.10 lakhs to 20 lakhs w.e.f. 29.3.2018
- Raising of exemption limit for Income Tax and exemption of all allowances from Income Tax: NC JCM writes to Finance Minister