GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
The General Managers,
All Indian Railways, including Production Units and
Sub: Review of Policy on creation of posts.
Ref: 1.Board’s letter no. E(MPP)2018/1/1 dtd. 04/04/2018 (RBE No. 52/2018)
and E(MPP) 2018/1/11 dated 19/12/2018 (RBE No. 198/2018).
2. FC’s D.O. no 2015-B-235 dated 19/06/2020 to GMs Indian Railways.
Board (CRB, FC) has approved following in an Action plan for Economic Measure and Rationalization of Expenditure:
a) Freezing new posts creation except safety, till further orders;
b) Reviewing of posts created in last two years and if, recruitment has not been done against these posts, reviewing the same for surrendering; and
c) Surrendering 50% of existing vacancies, in other than Safety category.
2. The aforesaid decision of Board is hereby communicated for strict compliance.
3. Instructions regarding review of pending indents(non safety) with RRB is being issued separately.
4. This issues with the concurrence of Finance Directorate of the Ministry of Railways.
Also read: Coverage under CCS (Pension) Rules 1972 in place of NPS for employees whose selection for appointment was finalized before 01.01.2004 but who joined Government service on or after 01.01.2004
5. Please acknowledge receipt.
Joint Director (MPP)
Related to Your Search:
- Review of Policy on creation of railway posts Surrendering 50% of existing vacancies and Freezing new posts creation
- Railway Board Orders : Creation of posts on the Railways
- AIRF – Review of Policy on creation of posts & Surrender of 50% of existing vacancies
- Rightsizing – Policy on Creation of Posts
- Recommendations of the High Power Committee to review the duty hours of running and other safety related categories of staff – Job Analysis
- Restructuring / Reorganisation of Staffing pattern of Trackmen on Indian Railways
- Filling up of vacancies on the Railways
- 1,90,000 vacancies including safety category post are going to fill in Indian Railways – Railway Minister
- Implementation of recommendations of 7th Central Pay Commission accepted by the Government – Special Allowance to Chief Safety Officers/Safety Officers