RAILWAY EMPLOYEES STRIKE: 7th CPC, MERGER OF DA Etc – Government Reply in LOK SABHA
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
UNSTARRED QUESTION NO: 897
ANSWERED ON: 08.08.2013
STRIKE BY RAILWAY EMPLOYEES
897 . Shri GURUDAS DAS GUPTA
Will the Minister of RAILWAYS be pleased to state:-
(a) whether the All India Railwaymen’s Federation and National Federation of Indian Railwaymen have threatened to go on an indefinite strike in case their demands are not met;
(b) if so, the details thereof; and
(c) the reaction of the Railways thereto and the manner in which the Railways propose to address the situation so as to prevent such strike?
MINISTER OF STATE IN THE MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS (SHRI ADHIR RANJAN CHOWDHURY)
(a) and (b): All India Railwaymen’s Federation (A.I.R.F.) and National Federation of Indian Railwaymen (N.F.I.R.) have made numerous demands. Some of the demands are setting up of VIIth Central Pay Commission, abolition of New Pension Scheme, merger of Dearness Allowance with Pay, filling up of all vacant posts, implementation of the report of Joint Committee for career growth of Track Maintainer, reduction in duty hours of staff. While A.I.R.F. have indicated that if their grievances are not resolved in a time bound programme, the Federation would be compelled to conduct strike ballot as a first step. N.F.I.R. have decided to give a time of four months to the Government for satisfactorily settling their demands failing which the Federation will be compelled to give call for ‘Indefinite Strike’ on Railways.
(c): Some of the demands like setting up of VIIth Central Pay Commission, abolition of New Pension Scheme, Merger of Dearness Allowance with Pay which are not within the purview of Ministry of Railways are being considered for referring to concerned Ministries/ Departments. In accordance with Government’s policy, other demands of the Federations are given due consideration within the framework of existing rules and financial constraints, and action as considered necessary is taken.
Related to Your Search:
- NFIR’s Decision on Strike Notice – taken up by Honarable Minister of Railways in Lok Sabha.
- Setting up of 7th Central Pay Commission (7CPC): Matter has been referred to Ministry of Finance by Railway Ministry in view of Strike Call
- Set up 7th Pay Commission – ‘Basic pay should be increased by at least 50% in the next pay commission…’ – AIRF
- Defence employees proposed indefinite strike from 17.02.2014 withdrawn
- Setting up of Seventh Pay Commission: Confederation says its the victory of the workers
- STRIKE BALLOT ON CHARTER OF DEMANDS – NFIR
- Central Government Employees to march Parliament on 28th, demand scrapping of NPS, merger of DA
- Retirement Age 62, Merger of DA, Scrapping of NPS, inclusion of federation leaders in 7th CPC etc. – Memorandum submitted to PM
- Merger of Dearness allowance: AIRF Demanding Merger of 100% Dearness Allowance with Basic Pay