Rail Budget 2013-14: Train travel may cost more with passenger amenities cess
Train travel is expected to get costlier, said sources a day ahead of the Rail Budget 2013. According to sources, the government is likely to introduce a fuel adjustment component and a passenger amenities cess which will contribute to a hike in fares.
Train travel is expected to get costlier, said sources a day ahead of the Rail Budget 2013 . According to sources, the government is likely to introduce a fuel adjustment component and a passenger amenities cess which will contribute to a hike in fares. The Rail Budget 2013 may not be as populist as the people expect it to be.
The Rail Budget 2013 will be the the first by a Congress minister in 17 years and is likely to pinch you a bit more.
However, there is good news in the offing. Sources say that an additional Rajdhani is likely to be introduced between Delhi and Mumbai. Two are already running between the two destinations.
Also, several railway works could come under the MNREGA, the flagship programme of the UPA which would widen the programme’s scope. Reportedly, Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh has accepted this proposal of the Railway Ministry.
Trinamool Congress, however, is not pleased. TMC leader Saugata Roy said, “We oppose the 20 per cent hike introduced last time. Future price hike is opposed.”
Source: Money Control
Related to Your Search:
- 7th Pay Commission: Rail budget may hike passenger fares
- 7th Pay Commission implementation may force Railways to hike Rail Fares – 5% to 10% increase in passenger fare expected
- Railway Budget to focus on passenger amenities
- Railway Minister Announces increase in Rail Passenger Fares
- PRIVATIZATION OF PASSENGER TRAINS
- Know how the Railway budget will be this year?
- Indian Railways announced on Tuesday an increase in ticket price across its network from 1 January 2020
- Indian Railways starts collecting feedback about basic amenities through phones using IVRS based system
- Railway Budget 2013 : Six stocks to watch out ahead of Railway Budget 2013-14