Punjab government employees to protest for arrears DA on Mar 17
Chandigarh: About five lakh employees will hold a state level rally here on March 17 to protest against the alleged failure of Parkash Singh Badal government to fulfil their demands.
State government had failed to provide Dearness Allowance (DA) at the rate of 10 per cent of arrears from January 2014 to September 2014 and 8 months of arrears at the rate of 7 per cent from July 2014 to February 2015, several conveners of Mulazam Sangarsh Committee, an apex body consisting of six employees federation and 14 independent employees Unions, said today.
The protest will be held under the banner of ‘Punjab and Union Territory Mulazam Sangarsh Committee’ against the state government’s “failure” to implement 10-point written agreed demands.
Badal government had failed to notify 6th Punjab Pay Commission agreed to on April 15, 2014, regularise the services of contract employees with three years service, introduce cashless Health Scheme, Remove anomalies in pay scales of various categories of employees, provide uniforms to various sections of employees, organisers said.
Related to Your Search:
- Punjab govt to release DA arrears
- 7th Pay Commission Allowance: Why arrears from January 2016 should be provided to Central Government employees
- 7th Pay Commission: Resentment Over Non-Payment Of Arrears On Allowances
- Punjab government releases 6 per cent DA for employees, pensioners
- EPFO offers 8.8% interest for 2015-16, unions protest
- 7th Pay Commission: Government to implement soon on higher allowances, says unions
- PNB makes home, auto loans attractive for government staff
- Penal interest of 8% to be paid by Banks on delayed payment of Pension/Pension arrears-RBI Circular dated 13-04-2012
- 7th Pay Commission Arrears Soon. How To Claim Tax Relief