Proposal for grant of Apex Scale to Director General (DG) level officers at the Centre on Seniority basis instead of post specific basis
By Speed Post
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
New Delhi, dated the 22nd September 2017
The Chief Secretaries of
All States/ Union Territories.
Subject: Proposal for grant of Apex Scale to Director General (DG) level officers at the Centre on Seniority basis instead of post specific basis.
I am directed to say that the Ministry of Home Affairs in consultation with this Department proposes to amend Part ‘C’ and Part ‘D’ of Schedule II of IPS (Pay) Rules, 2016 as under:
(i) In the Part C of Schedule -II of the IPS (Pay) Rules, 2016 (hereinafter referred to as the said rules), at Serial Nos. 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,11,13,14,17,19 under column (4), for the entry relating to the posts of Director (IB), Director (SVPNPA), DG (BSF), DG(CRPF), DG (ITBP), DG (CISF), DG (BPR &D), DG (NSG), DG (RPF), DG (SSB), DG (Civil Defence Home Guard and Fire Services), DG (HRC) and DG (NIA), the following entries shall be substituted , namely:
” Apex or HAG+ pay scale as decided by the Appointment Committee of the Cabinet”.
(ii) In the Part (D) of Schedule -II of the IPS (Pay) Rules, 2016 (hereinafter referred to as the said rules) column (2) of the table for the entry relating to the post of Special Secretary to the Government of India, the following entries shall be substituted, namely:
” Apex of HAG + pay scale as decided by the Appointment Committee of the Cabinet”.
2. The amended Rules shall deemed to have come into force w.e.f. 21st July 2016.
3. You are requested to furnish comments on the proposed amendments latest by 5th October 2017, falling which it will be presumed that the State Government has no comments to offer.
4. This issues with the approval of the competent authority
(Rajesh Kumar Yadav)
Under Secretary to Government of India
Source: DoPT Download PDF
Related to Your Search:
- Director General Armed Forces Medical Services Recruitment Rules 2021 Group A posts
- Inviting comments on the proposed Recruitment Rules to the posts of Data Entry Operator Grade ‘E’ (Grade Pay Rs 4600) and Data Entry Operator Grade ‘F’ (Grade Pay Rs. 4800)
- Step guide for processing of the proposal for framing/amendment of Recruitment Rules
- Change of the term Departmental Promotion Committee (DPC) -reg. : DOPT Orders 2013
- Change of the nomenclature/ designation of the posts of Gestetnor Operator Grade-I and Gestetnor Operator Grade-II
- Step guide for processing of the proposal for framing / amendment of Recruitment Rules
- Revised pay of inspector of posts cadre wef 01.01.2006 – DoP
- Amendment in KVS (Appointment, Promotion, Seniority etc.) Rules, 1971 reg
- PROPOSED PAY SCALE OF 7TH PAY COMMISSION UNDER DISCUSSION – STAFF SIDE