Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY): Facilities to be extended to the Existing Account Holders as Well
Press Information Bureau
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
16-September-2014 19:08 IST
Facilities Available to Account Holders Under Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) to be Extended to the Existing Account Holders as Well
The Government has decided that the following facilities available to those account holders who have opened their accounts under Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) would also be extended to the existing account holders subject to submission of an application by the account holder(s) to the concerned bank branch:
(i) For issuance of RuPay Debit card having inbuilt accident insurance cover of Rs.1 lakh;
(ii) For issuance of an overdraft facility of Rs.5000 after satisfactory operations in the account for some time.
The plan (PMJDY) inter-alia, envisages Universal access to banking facilities under which all the six lakh villages across the entire country would be mapped, organised into Sub Service Areas (SSAs) of 1000-1500 households and allocated to the Banks to provide at least one fixed point Banking outlet in form of either a branch or a Business Correspondent (who is named as Bank Mitra). The other components of the plan are providing at least one Basic Banking Account to each household with RuPay Debit card having inbuilt accident insurance cover of Rs. 1 lakh; an overdraft facility of Rs.5000 after satisfactory operations in the account for six months. Further, an additional life insurance cover of Rs. 30,000/- is also available to accounts opened up to 26th January, 2015, for which detailed modalities are being worked-out.
The Government has asked the banks to extend overdraft facility of Rs.5,000 as above to only one member, preferably lady of a house-hold.
Related to Your Search:
- 20 lakh people have joined the modified Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojna (PMJDY) scheme, total account holders 32.61 crore
- Insurance coverage to PMJDY Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana account holders
- Cashless health insurance for elderly likely in Budget
- 33.66 crore Accounts Opened under Pradhan Mantri Jan DhanYojana (PMJDY) as on 26.12.2018
- Key Achievements and Initiatives of Department of Financial Services for providing Social Security and Credit to various sections of society and ensuring Financial Inclusion
- One lakh benefitted under PMJAY health insurance scheme in one month of its launch
- Best quality homes under Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana (Gramin)
- Relief to Senior Citizens: Exemption of Interest Income on deposits increased to Rs 50,000
- Extension of EPF contribution 24% – Cabinet approves the proposal to extend the EPF contribution 24% for another three months from June to August 2020 under PMGKY/ AATMANIRBHAR BHARAT