Postal Department Orders – Clarification on reckoning of period of “Dies non” while & granting ACP / MACP to officials.
File No.4-7/ (MACPS)/ 2009-PCC
Ministry of Communications & IT
Government of India
Department of Posts
Pay Commission Cell
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg,
Dated 24 Dec 2013.
All Head of Circles,
All Postmaster Generals,
All Directors of Accounts
Sub: – Clarification on reckoning of period of “Dies non” while & granting ACP / MACP to officials.
The issue of counting the period of “Dies non” for the purpose of ACP / MACP was raised in JCM (DC). The issue was examined in consultation with DoPT. The Nodal Department has clarified the issue vide DOFF ID NO. 78961/13/CR dated 14.11.13 as below:-
“Regular service for the purpose of grant of financial upgradations under MACPS includes all period spent, on deputation/foreign service, study leave and all other kind of leave, duly sanctioned by the competent authority. In terms of Government of India decisions relating to ” Treatment of willful absence from duty given under Rule 25 (leave) of CCS (Leave) Wes, 1973, the period of absence not covered by grant of leave shall have to be treated as “dies non” for all purpose, viz increment, leave and pension. Though the.period of dies non does not constitute break in service, but only the day (s) treated as dies non are not counted as duty for any purpose. Dies non is only a concession for permitting the beneficiary thereof to have subsequent service in continuation of the period of service before the beneficiary proceeded on unauthorized. absence.
“Accordingly, it is clarified that dies non period will not be counted as regular service for the purpose of grant of financial upgradation under ACP/MACP Schemes”.
2. Contents of this letter may please be circulated to all concerned.
Assistant Director General (GDS/PCC)
Related to Your Search:
- Sanctioning of Leave : Dies non – No Work No Pay
- Regarding grant of MACP/ACP benefit to SAS qualified officers appointed to the post of Section Officer/Assistant Accounts Officer on the basis of CAG Circular No. 23 staff wing/2016 No. 39 staff(Ent-1) 184-2014 dated 20/06/2016
- No salary deduction on bandh day for Bengal Government Employees on paid leaves
- Pay Fixation on MACP as per 6th Pay Commission – Some Illustrations
- 3rd MACP clarification – regarding Grant of 3rd financial upgradation under MACP Scheme counting from the date of ad-hoc promotion
- Latest clarification on MACP Scheme counting of service rendered by Inspectors on notional basis for the purpose of MACP Scheme
- Modified Assured Carrier Progression Scheme (MACPS) to Central Government employees w.e.f. 01.09.2008 – clarification on counting of pre-appointment training w.r.t. Para 9 of MACPS guidelines
- MACP Scheme for Railway Servants-treatment of employees selected under LDCE/GDCE – Clarification reg.
- Regularization of leave for the absence period of Central Government Employees during lockdown period due to COVID-19