Latest Central Government Employees News
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
New Delhi, dated: 28.08.2020
The General Managers
All Zonal Railways
Sub: Measures to reduce cost and improve savings – Review of cost of Over Time Allowance (OTA) and Travelling Allowance (TA).
Ref: Railway Board’s letter No. 2015-B-235 dated 19.06.2020.
With the outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic, the budgeted earning target of the current year i.e. 2019-20 has been adversely affected. In view of this, the above referred instructions have been issued by the Board to adopt various economy, austerity and cost control measures so that liabilities are met within available funds.
2. Payment of OTA to Railway Servants governed by Para 10 of the Railway Servants (Hours of Work & Period of Rest) Rules, 2005 and Travelling Allowance is one of the steps to control expenditure and thus, a decision has been taken in a Board meeting held on 29.6.2020 that the cases of OTA and TA should be critically reviewed by the General Managers and a ceiling of 50% be imposed on payment of OTA and TA. A copy of Item No. 4 of the Minutes of the Board Meeting held on 29.06.2020 to discuss “Measures to reduce cost and improve saving” is enclosed for ready reference.
3. It may also be kept in mind that deferment of bills/payment is not expenditure control and maximum utilization of existing manpower within the stipulated working hours should be ensured.
4. It has been desired by the Board that the cases of payment of OTA and TA should be monitored closely by PCPOs and PFAs of the Zonal Railways.
5. Please acknowledge receipt.
DA: as above
Enclosure to Board’s letter No. 2020 /E(LL)/OTA/1 dated 28.08.2020
Item No. 4 of the Minutes of the Board Meeting held on 29.06.2020 to discuss “Measures to reduce cost and improve saving”:
“Item No. 4: Impose 50% Ceiling on Over Time (Rs. 1300 Cr) and Travelling Allowance (Rs. 2300). There are other allowances which need to be reviewed by Zonal Railways and controlled. Broadly, such semi-variable allowances would be in the range of Rs. 13000 Cr. per annum.
Board’s decision: GMs to critically review and impose 50% Ceiling on booking of Over Time and Travelling Allowance.”
Related to Your Search:
- Payment of Over Time arrears to the staff promoted to higher Grade Pay posts under cadre restructuring w.e.f. 01/11/2013
- Admissibility of House Rent Allowance in the event of non-acceptance or surrender of railway residential accommodation
- Railways Commercial Circulars – Revised rates of TA / DA to Non-official Members of ZRUCC / DRUCC / SRUCC / NRUCC
- One time relaxation for retention of railway accommodation in view of Novel Coronavirus COVID-19
- Railway Board Order – TRIBAL AREA ALLOWANCE to Railway Employees
- Salary and Travelling Allowance to retired Railway Staff re-engaged in Railways
- Clear endorsement regarding Fixed Medical Allowance to Railway Pensioners / Family Pensioners
- 7th CPC Night Duty Allowance from Railway employees who have become ineligible to get NDA after issue of Board’s letter dated 29th Sep 2020
- LAP – Accumulation of Earned Leave / Leave on Average Pay beyond the ceiling of 300 days