PARLIAMENT MARCH & RALLY OF ABOUT 20000 CENTRAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES – CONFEDERATION
A massive parliament march and rally of about 20000 Central Government Employees was held at Jantar Mantar, New Delhi on 24th June 2016. The rally was organized by National Joint Council of Action (NJCA) of Central Government Employees comprising Railways, Defence, Confederation and Postal organizations demanding modification in the recommendations of 7th Central Pay Commissions including minimum wage and fitment formula. Other demands are scrapping of New Contributory Pension Scheme, No FDI in Railways and Defence, Grant of Civil Servant status to Gramin Dak Sevaks, filling up of vacancies, enhancement of bonus ceiling, No outsourcing, downsizing, contractorisation and corporatisation etc.
The NJCA had already given strike notice to Government on 9th June 2016. The Modi Government is not ready for a negotiated settlement with the staff side. The rally called upon the entirely of Central Government employees to intensify the campaign and preparations and make the strike a total success.
The rally was presided by Shri. N. Raghavaiah (General Secretary, NFIR & Chairman NJCA), Coms. Shiv Gopal Mishra (General Secretary AIRF & Convenor NJCA), Sreekumar (Secretary General AIDEF) M. Krishnan (Secretary General, Confederation) R. N. Parashar (Secretary General, NFPE) Guman Singh (President, NFIR), Rakal Das Gupta (President, AIRF) K. K. N. Kutty (President, Confederation) B. C. Sharma (NFIR) S. K. Tyagi (AIRF), Mrs. Champa and Mrs. Gita Pandey addressed the rally
About 33 lakhs Central Government Employees will participate in the strike. 40 lakhs Central Government Pensioners have declared their solidarity with the strike. Central Trade Unions had also extended their full support. State Government Employees Federations have cautioned the Central Government that they will also be compelled to join the strike if Government refuse to settle the demands relating to 7th CPC recommendations as majority of the state Governments are implementing the Central pay parity to their employees also.
Related to Your Search:
- FIVE LAKHS CENTRAL GOVT EMPLOYEES MARCH TO PARLIAMENT FOR SETTLEMENT OF TEN POINTS CHARTER OF DEMANDS
- NJCA MEETING: Revival of Indefinite Strike – AIRF & NFIR yet to take a decision
- INDEFINITE STRIKE FROM 6TH MAY 2015- MASSIVE PARLIAMENT MARCH BY POSTAL JCA ON 04-12-2014
- NJCA will meet on 8th February 2016 to decide the date of commencement of indefinite strike – Confederation
- 7th CPC – GOVERNMENT REJECTED ALL THE MODIFICATIONS SOUGHT BY THE NJCA – CONFEDERATION
- 7th Pay Commission Latest News – Strike Call on 11th April 2016 – 95% Railway employees want strike – Strike Ballot conducted by AIRF on 11th and 12th of February 2016
- AIBDPA supporting & participating in the Parliament march of Confederation on 15.12.2016
- NJCA will meet again on 7.3.2016
- Action programme of NJCA on 26 Point Charter of Demands submitted by NJCA