Option 1 recommended by 7th CPC for the revision of pension/family pension of Pre 2016 retirees DENIED
How, the battle is lost
One rank one pension denied
OPTION 1 recommended by 7th CPC for the revision of Pension/Family pension of pre-2016 Denied inspite of availability of service records of over 80% of old pensioners.
The alternative given vide OM dated 12.5.2017 though to some extent it will benefit a good % of old pensioners, it cannot make up the lifelong loss old pensioners will suffer due to denial of option 1. Ever since Honourable Supreme Court land mark judgement dated_____ in UOI vs D S Nakra. In the hide and seek game with UOI for 100% parity between present & past Civil Pensioners Bharat Pensioners Samaj had this time secured Penalty Corner but the Babu in DOP & PW foiled the final hit.
Why only DOP& PW, our own people must share the blame! The war veterans whom we had been supporting for years in their struggle for one rank one pension were the first to oppose ‘Bharat Pensioners Samaj‘ demand for 100% parity/one rank one pension through electronic media as well as through representations (backed by their serving HODs) to GOI pleading that they only are entitled to this benefit and not the Civil pensioners
The final blow was delivered in the 7th meeting of feasibility committee on 17.10.2016 when as mentioned in Para 4 of the official minutes vide No. 38/37/2016-P&PW(A) GOI Ministry of Personnel, P.G. and Pensions -DOP &PW dated the 31st October, 2016 (placed here under). JCM (staff side) agreed with govt’s alternative proposal.
What we will lose
Related to Your Search:
- 7th CPC – BPS appeals to the Prime Minister for acceptance of option 1 for pension revision
- 5th CPC parity is also beneficial but option-I parity of 7th CPC is more beneficial – confederationhq
- 7th Pay Commission: Suggestions for terms of reference with respect to Pensioners by Bharat Pensioner Samaj
- RSCWS explains the advantages of choosing Importance of Option 1 of 7th Pay Commission for Revised Pension
- Central Government Pensioners: Appeal for restoration of Option 1 recommended by 7th Central Pay Commission for Revision of Pension of Pre-2016 Pensioners
- 7th CPC round-table meeting with Bharat Pensioners Samaj
- Revision of pension of Pre-2006 disability pensioners and Family Pensioners effective from 1.1.2006 – Pensioners Portal Orders
- 7th Pay Commission Pension Revision for Pre-2016 Pensioners: Importance of implementation of Option 1
- 7th Central Pay Commission recommendations- Submission to the empowered Committee Secretaries – BPS