Option -1 for Pre-2016 Pensioners Rejected – Confederation
OPTION-I FOR PRE-2016 PENSIONERS REJECTED: In the meeting held on 30-06-2016, with Group of Ministers by JCM staff side, the Finance Minister had also clarified that Government has taken the decision to implement the recommendation of 7th CPC to bring about parity between past and present pensioners. (Vide NJCA Statement issued on 06-07-2016). Finance Minister categorically assured the NJCA leaders on 30-06-2016 that the Government has accepted the recommendation in to and Pension department has only been asked to sort out the difficulties in implementation of Option-I, if any.
NJCA wrote to Finance Minister on 16-07-2016, as follows: “The issue of acceptance of Option-I and II was discussed with your goodself at the residence of Hon’ble Home Minister (Govt. of India) wherein Hon’ble Minister for Railways and Hon’ble MoS Railways were present. You had categorically agreed our demand that no dilution would be made in the options given to the Pensioners by the 7th CPC. It is unfortunate that a rider “subject to feasibility” has been imposed on Option-I. Sir, this is very unfair and we will appreciate, if you kindly get the sentence “subject to feasibility” removed from that order, to keep your promise also”.
But, Finance Minister had gone back from his assurance to JCM Staff side leaders and he refused to withdraw the condition “subject to feasibility”. In the letter dated 17-10-2016, addressed to Chairman of the “Pension Option-I Committee”, the Secretary, JCM staff side requested as follows:
“The attempt therefore must be to explore the ways and means of implementing the said recommendation which is beneficial to a large number of pensioners, especially those retired prior to 1996. In view of this, the staff side is of the firm view that the Government issue orders for implementation of Option-I as there is no room for stating that the recommendation is impossible to be implemented for those who are benefitted by the said option”.
Finally NJCA wrote a letter to Hon’ble Home Minister Shri. Rajnath Singh on 17-01-2017, requesting intervention. The letter reads as follows:
“The Central Government Pensioners numbering presently more than the working employees are aggrieved of the fact that the one and the only recommendation of the 7th CPC which was in their favour ie; Option-I have been recommended to be rejected by the Pension Department to the Government”.
Inspite of all these, the proposal is submitted to cabinet to reject Option-I. This underlines the fact that unless NJCA revive its deferred indefinite strike, the Government will not allow Option-I to pensioners, as assured by Finance Minister.
Related to Your Search:
- 3 Options to choose for Pre-2016 Pensioners and Family Pensioners : NFIR
- Pensioners Option – 1 Mercilessly Rejected – Confederation
- Revision of Pension: NC/JCM writes to Cabinet Secretary reg
- Meeting of the Committee set up to examine feasibility of implementation of recommendations of 7th CPC for revision of pension of pre-2016 pensioners
- Revision of Pension of Pre-2016 Pensioners: Another meeting on 17.10.2016
- 5th CPC parity is also beneficial but option-I parity of 7th CPC is more beneficial – confederationhq
- 7th Pay Commission Pension Revision for Pre-2016 Pensioners: Importance of implementation of Option 1
- 7th Pay Commission Pension revision – Interpretation of Proposed Option 3
- Minutes of the Seventh meeting of the Committee set up to examine feasibility of implementation of recommendation of 7th CPC for revision of pension of pre-2016 pensioners held on 17.10.2016