NPS Employees shall eligible for benefit of ‘Retirement gratuity and Death gratuity’ as per CCS (Pension) Rule,1972 – Finance Ministry issued orders on 26.8.2016
Extension of benefits of (Retirement Gratuity and Death Gratuity) to the Central Government employees covered by new Defined Contribution Pension System (National Pension System)- regarding.
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Pension and Pensioners Welfare
Lok Nayak Bhavan, Khan Market,
New De1hi-110 003, Dated the 26 August, 2016.
Subject : Extension of benefits of ‘Retirement Gratuity and Death Gratuity’ to the Central Government employees covered by new Defined Contribution Pension System (National Pension System) — regarding.
The undersigned is directed to say that the pension of the Government servants appointed on or after 1.1.2004 is regulated by the new Defined Contribution Pension System (known as National Pension System), notified by the Ministry of Finance (Department of Economic Affairs) vide their OM No.5/7/2003-ECB & PR dated 22.12.2003. Orders were issued for payment of gratuity on provisional basis in respect of employees covered under National Pension System on their retirement from Government service on invalidation or death in service, vide this Department’s OM No.38/41/2006-P&PW(A) dated 5.5.2009.
2. The issue of grant of gratuity in respect government employees covered by the National Pension System has been under consideration of the Government. It has been decided that the government employees covered by National Pension System shall eligible for benefit of ‘Retirement gratuity and Death gratuity’ on the same terms and conditions, as are applicable to employees covered by Central Civil Service (Pension) Rule,1972.
3. These orders issue with the concurrence of Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure, vide their I.D. Note No.1(4)/EV/2006-II dated 29.07.2016.
4. In their application to the persons belonging to the Indian Audit and Accounts Department, these orders issue after consultation with Comptroller and Auditor General of India.
5. These orders will be applicable to those Central Civil Government employees who joined Government service on or after 1.1.2004 and are covered by National Pension System and will take effect from the same date i.e. 1.1_2004.
Director (Pension Policy)
Related to Your Search:
- Centre Extends Retirement Benefits to all Central Government Employees
- Extend the benefit of Gratuity to all NPS Employees
- NPS – Extension of benefits of Retirement Gratuity and Death Gratuity to the employees of Autonomous Body/ Organisation covered under National Pension System
- Benefit of gratuity in respect of Central Government Employees counting of service on joining new service covered under National Pension System (NPS)
- NPS: Extension of benefits of Retirement Gratuity and Death Gratuity to the Central Government employees covered by New Defined Contribution Pension System (National Pension System)
- Enhancement of ceiling of Payment of Gratuity to the NVS employees from Rs.10.00 lacs to Rs.20.00 lacs
- Extension of scope of Additional Relief on death/disability of Government Servants covered by the New Defined Contribution Pension System (NPS)
- Gratuity Pay under New Pension System
- A brief note of the Ministry of DOPT on New Pension Scheme – Retirement Benefits