Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pension
Department of Personnel & Training
Khan Market, New Delhi
Dated the 27th February 2013
Subject : Notional fixation of pay to officers included in USSL 2009 and 2010 reg.
The undersigned is directed to refer to references received from Ministries/ Departments forwarding therewith requests of officers included in USSLs 2009 & 2010 for notional fixation of pay in the grade of Under Secretary from 1 July of the Select List year. The issue has been examined in this Department.
2. It is informed that as per DPC guidelines promotions are effective from a prospective date. Grant of notional fixation of pay from a date prior to the date of actual promotion is not as per the general instructions on promotion. The pay and allowances attached to a post is admissible only w.e.f. the date of appointment to the post and for actual pay benefit, assumption of charge of the promotional post is the criterion.
3. It was decided by this Department that notional fixation of pay would not be allowed to any grade/ service on the ground of delayed holding of DPC. Accordingly, in the Office Memorandum of even number dated 26.11.2012 issued by this Department for inclusion of officers in USSL-2009 & 2010 no instructions were issued for notional fixation of pay.
4. Accordingly, notional fixation of pay in respect of officers included in USSL-2009 and 2010, w.e.f. 1 July of the Select List year is not consistent with extant rules/instructions on the subject and is not, therefore, allowed. All the Ministries/Departments are, therefore, requested to review the cases of fixation of pay of officers included in USSLs 2009 & 2010 and take steps to rectify the pay fixation in all those cases where the benefit of notional fixation of pay has incorrectly extended.
(Utkarsh R Tiwaari)
Related to Your Search:
- Reservation in promotion
- Grant of Non-Functional Scale to Section Officers of CSS — Clarification on fixation of pay
- Fixation of pay on promotion to a post carrying the same Grade pay – Confederation letter to Finmin
- Zone of consideration for inclusion in Select List of Section Officer Grade of CSS for the year 2012 against Seniority Quota- regarding
- Fixation of Range of Seniority for promotion from PA to PS Grade of CSSS Select list Year-2011-reg.
- Grant of benefit of pay fixation at time of promotion to Postmaster Grade I
- Dopt orders 2015 – Fixation of range of seniority for promotion from PA to PS Grade of CSSS
- Fixation of range of seniority for promotion from PA to PS Grade of CSSS-Select List Year 2013-extension-reg
- Fixation of range of seniority for promotion from PA to PS Grade of CSSS-Select List Year 2014-reg