ALL INDIA GRAMIN DAK SEVAKS UNION (AIGDSU)
Central Head Quarters,
Padam nagar, Delhi-110007.
General Secretary: S.S.Mahadevaiah
Ref. No. GDS/CHQ/ 48/4/2020
Shri P.K. Bisoi Ji,
Dept of Posts,
Sub: Introduction of a new Service discharge benefit scheme for the Gramin Dak Sevaks in the Department of Posts.
Ref: your office No. 6-11/2009-PE II dated 1-09-2010.
A kind reference is invited this unions letter of even no dated 01-08-2019 in which we had pointed out that those who did opt for NPS but were not found eligible for the pension scheme are to be paid amount of gratuity as well severance amount at the prescribed rate. But such persons even after years of their retirement are still looking for payment of the Gratuity and severance amount. While in some cases the payment of Gratuity has been ordered/ paid, the severance amount has not been paid to any of the retired GDS. We had requested that instructions should be issued for payment of these amounts we need not point out that the SDBS scheme has been introduced in lieu of the severance amount. Therefore, those not found eligible for SDBS have a right to be paid severance amount in addition to the Gratuity. But nothing appears to have been done.
We, therefore, requested you kindly to look into the matter personally and get suitable instructions issued because it relates to cases of GDS employees, who have no other means to subsist than their amounts of gratuity and severance amount.
We shall be thankful for an early action.
With profound regards,
Related to Your Search:
- Department of Posts: Implementing the recommendations of Social Security Benefits for Gramin Dak Sevas
- Service Discharge Benefit Scheme for Gramin Dak Sevaks
- Gramin Dak Sevaks are not regular Govt. Employees not eligible for PF, Pension Gratuity
- Grant of revised TRCA to the genuine substitutes of GDS from 01.07.2018 – DOP
- Maternity Leave for the female Gramin Dak Sevaks (Female GDS) in the Department of Posts
- Committee set up to Review Wage Structure of Gramin Dak Sevaks
- Huge injustice in fixation of TRCA of Gramin Dak Sevaks as also in calculation and payment of arrears
- Payment of Dearness Allowance to Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) effective 01.01.2018 onwards
- Payment of Dearness Allowance to Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) at revised rates w.e.f. 01.01.2015 onwards – reg.